Notification of school via e-mail in March

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Rupy

Notification of school via e-mail in March

Post by Rupy »

Hello,

I know its a few months yet, but if you are notified by e-mail about you DC's school, how early on the day do they let you know or does it depend under which LEA you are ? Past experiences would be helpful.

Thanks

Rupy
moseleymum

Re: Notification of school via e-mail in March

Post by moseleymum »

It's variable depending on which LEA you are in.

Solihull usually gets it first, as they did last year, on Feb 28th, NOT March 1st as expected as you can see from the time and date the results were discussed here
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 11&t=30965" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Birmingham is slower... Can be mid afternoon on the 1st before they are emailed as was the case a few years ago. I found out DDs result last year by logging into the Birmingham Admissions page around 8am (she had a clear cushion so it wasn't too stressful). Emails were sent out shortly after.

Still better than a postal notification though :wink:
Last edited by moseleymum on Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

I am birmingham LEA.

Despite a vigil on here through the first half the night with DS1, the email didn't arrive after midnight as I had hoped it might. We got it just after 8am on 1st March last year. With DS2 this year, it was something similar (7.30am?) - most children went into to school on the morning knowing the results.

As mm mentions, there were some who waited longer until later in the day.
UmSusu
Happy dad

Post by Happy dad »

Dudley don't release results until 1400 HRS on the day.
moseleymum

Post by moseleymum »

When DS1 did it a few years ago, I do remember waking him up to tell him (as he had asked :) ) a few years ago but again that was by logging into the site rather than getting an email.

This was just after midnight. It was more stressful then, compared to now, as we had no idea of scores prior to filling in the CAF form

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 8&start=50" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
um

Post by um »

I had a sleepless 1 March night with ds2, finally receiving the email around 7am :roll:
indigop

Post by indigop »

Sandwell LEA have an online page with a section stating this is where your offer will be displayed on the 3rd March.
knotmum

Post by knotmum »

Staffs LEA is 3rd March too. From friends who have older children I believe the emails come out in batches. What's the betting I'm in the last one??!!
diseyp

Post by diseyp »

Helpful lady told me Walsall LEA will be 3rd March (as 1st is a Saturday)- she didn't give a time but in 2010 when I last went through this the email came through at about 8.30 a.m. ... wish it was not such a long wait !!
Lmac

Post by Lmac »

We are in Solihull. I was logging in to the councils website from about 5.30 on the 28th (thurs), at 6.45 the results were there to view!
Good Luck everyone :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now