admissions in Canterbury/Faversham area

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

clarabel

admissions in Canterbury/Faversham area

Post by clarabel »

am moving to Faversham from Tonbridge area in the near future. My daughter is currently in year 5 and will be taking the Kent test. What are the chances of her getting a place at Queen Elizabeth's Grammar and which alternatives should we look at? As are we are moving into the area, will there be a problem gaining a place at any of the local grammars?[/list]
katel

Post by katel »

QE has always had enough places for all 11+passers who wanted to go. New Head next year so not sure how it will change, but there is no indication that it won't have enough places in the foreseeable future. A lot of Faversham children (like mine) go to the Canterbury grammars though - very easy journey by bus or train. There are also good grammars in Sittingbourne.
My dd is in year 7, so I am quite an expert on schools in this area having recently gone through the "milkround!" Please ask me anything you want to know!
grace

Post by grace »

How good is queen elizabeth, Is there a chance for someone who lives in sittingbourne and passes the test to get a space in this school? Also how easy is it to get there from sittingbourne. thanks
katel

Post by katel »

Train from Sittingbourne to Faversham is easy - about 10 minutes, then 10 minute walk to QE. There's also a bus, but I don't know how long it takes. It's a good grammar school - new Head starting in January. Have a look on the website for its recent Ofsted and results. It wasn't full this year, so unless things change dramatically, you'd probably get in from Sittingbourne. Remember, though, that there are good grammar schools in Sititngbourne too.
grace

Post by grace »

thanks,
katel
katel

Post by katel »

Clarabel - do you have any questions I might be able to answer? Ready , willing and more or less able......
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now