School Report

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
ginx

School Report

Post by ginx »

Really pleased, got dd2's first school progress sheet yesterday.

She wasn't ranked that high in the 11+ and didn't have a brilliant score, and being a very lazy girl, I really wondered if she'd cope with the work at a gs.

She's "on target" for everything except French and Spanish.

She's above target by two sub levels for art and geography (but she had help with some geography homework which may have helped her level). Strengths are maths, science and art.

Just goes to prove that it doesn't matter she didn't do brilliantly in the 11+, it doesn't matter she didn't achieve any level 6's (having sat them all and got level 5's), and doesn't even matter that she seems quite lazy at home, and we don't help with her homework (other than checking it's done) because she's doing just fine. And she's happy. Feeling happy too. :D

She did say that although girls didn't compare reports, she saw a couple, two clever girls were flashing their reports round because they had the highest grades. :roll:
mystery

Re: School Report

Post by mystery »

How did they know they had the highest grades?
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

Good to hear your dd has made a good start at her new school Ginx. I was pleasantly surprised with my ds too - considering he failed the test but got a place on appeal. He seems to be on track in most subjects. Languages start with a low NC level so no surprise there. Maths and English above target level. Art and PE are his tricky subjects as DS is dyspraxic

Again he is a bit lazy at home but has been making an effort with homework even if it is last minute. Also pleased the Senco has been in touch to set up an IEP as a few teachers are telling him to speed up his writing in class so may need to work out some strategies to help with that.
ginx

Post by ginx »

The grades are highlighted in gold, but you're right, they might not have had the highest grades. Dd2 may well have had that wrong. Just because nobody else was showing off doesn't mean they had the highest grades; but they are (according to dd2 who may well have it wrong) the brightest girls in her form. I think she may be right, though.

I'm just feeling proud of her right now. :D
ginx

Post by ginx »

DC17C, pleased for you and your ds. It is good to know they are doing well (or at least "on target" for dd2 in most subjects).

Must be more challenging for your ds with dyspraxia; so he must be doing really well. Sounds like you have a good Senco too, that is so important. I used to think it was a stigma to have an IEP; I quickly changed my mind to think "any extra help is good" so would be quite happy if dd2 had one for her handwriting, if nothing else. It is illegible.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one with a lazy dc when it comes to homework. Dd2 is getting better with hers, she has established a routine, and I just look to check she has at least done something. It never looks like a lot but at least she's done something.

I might even buy dd2 a bar of chocolate. About as far as my generosity goes, though. :lol:

Well done to your ds. :D
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Well done to your DD Ginx, glad she's doing well.. And please remind your daughter being a nice person is much more important than being able to show off your school reports... They wont always be the brainiest, in the words of Qui-Gon Ginn, "there's always a bigger fish" ;-)
ginx

Post by ginx »

stroudydad, you're right about being a nice person. She's not always very "nice" but she never, ever brags. Her siblings at another school are not like her, and she doesn't want to upset them.

She's always going to be a small fish, I wouldn't like it myself, but she doesn't mind. In fact it may be a good thing, because it makes her want to become a bigger fish :lol:
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

Ginx - that's fantastic news - I remember your concerns on results day about coping - and she's doing both you and herself proud! Well done Little Ginx :D
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

I have no doubt she is nice really Ginx, we are all our own children's worst critics when it comes to behaviour...
Pumpkin Pie

Post by Pumpkin Pie »

Well done 'Little Ginx', glad you've settled in so well. :D x