A very quick question. Bucks selection review

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Bonnie baby

A very quick question. Bucks selection review

Post by Bonnie baby »

Am looking for a little piece of advice relating to the selection review we are submitting for our DD. She was very reluctant to sit her 11+ we think mainly because she has seen 2 of her older sisters take the test and both are now at grammar school. She was always very aprehensive about the expectations on her. We entered her anyway on the basis that she could always change her mind and she did decide she wanted to try it in the end. It wasn't until July that she wanted to give it a go so her preparation was minimal to be honest. What I would like to know is, do you think it's worth mentioning this as a possible reason for narrowly missing the qualifying mark (she got 119)?? Or is it likely a panel will be of the opinion that no preparation is required for the test anyway? I am very cautious of saying the wrong thing.
Can I say that I have found this site an invaluable resource over the years. Thank you :D
anotherdad

Re: A very quick question. Bucks selection review

Post by anotherdad »

Your judgement of the panel's likely attitude is correct.

You will see from others' posts and advice that the overwhelming requirement is solid academic evidence that your daughter is best suited at a GS. Reasons for not automatically qualifying are only considered once the academic case is proven and even then, lack of practice/preparation is not an extenuating circumstance.

Well done on an excellent score by the way. There are plenty who spent much longer preparing for this test that didn't score that strongly.