Worried already!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
mum1808

Worried already!!

Post by mum1808 »

My DD is due for Bexley and Kent exams next year. I started her preparation in September and she has now joined a group tuition . The tutor has started her on practice exams papers already and although her knowledge is quite good she has not been doing well in the practice papers in the last couple of weeks. Am worried already . She has always been average in class but towards end of year 4 she started doing well and went well above in class and her progress has been very good. Is it reasonable for me to be so anxious about her quite low scores in the start of her practice papers preparation? I should also say that she had never done full practice papers before attending the tuition which she started last month ?? Any advice from parents who have had similar experiences? Thanks
Ziggy

Re: Worried already!!

Post by Ziggy »

Hi
I don't think you should worry too much. You have a whole year and they all have to start somewhere. My advice would be to identify the areas she is finding difficult in the papers ie fractions, vocabulary, nvr and work through them. The gaps in knowledge are easy to teach and practice. I think that children start to recognise types if nvr questions and start to know what to look out for. It could also be timing and this is just practice and technique.
Good luck
MerlinFromCamelot

Re: Worried already!!

Post by MerlinFromCamelot »

Seems early to be doing practice papers already. It may be a useful tool to identify gaps. Dd2 will be taken the test in September as well. If I remember rightly DD1 only started practice papers a few months before the exam.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now