CCHS Information Meeting

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Araucana girl

CCHS Information Meeting

Post by Araucana girl »

Anyone else who went to this today.....

I keep confusing myself. In the letter we had with the result it mentioned the last girl offered a place last year within catchment was 135 on the order of merit and the last girl ooc 65 on the order of merit. I thought Mrs Chapman said today that these were two separate lists, i.e. one for in catchment and one for ooc as the Southend Schools do. Could someone confirm to me if I am correct in thinking this and if so does that mean that there was a list of dds that went to 135 (and above obviously) with just ic dds and another list that went to 65 (and above) with ooc dds - i.e. that the position 65 was not in the middle of the 135 listing if you see what I mean.

Or am I wrong and there is just one ranking order and the list is one and the same and they just write ooc or ic by the name?

I thought I understood at the meeting and then a friend said something else outside afterwards and I doubted my understanding :? . Great if it is my original thought as that means they had to go to 200 places after everyone had accepted or declined an offer. :D
"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."

Albert Einstein
dez

Re: CCHS Information Meeting

Post by dez »

I think there is only one Order of Merit list and that is the all the scores from ranked 1 (Score 143.00) to ranked 848 (Score 50.01). Then all the DDs are than Split into separate list IC and OOC. Hence last year the last DD admitted from IC and OOC were ranked 135 and 65 respectively.
Last edited by dez on Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
talea51

Post by talea51 »

My understanding of what was said was that there are two lists. One is IC only, the other is everyone - both IC and OOC. So the first 96 places go to the children on the first list and then the next 24 places go to the children with the highest scores on the other list.
dez

Post by dez »

talea51 wrote:My understanding of what was said was that there are two lists. One is IC only, the other is everyone - both IC and OOC. So the first 96 places go to the children on the first list and then the next 24 places go to the children with the highest scores on the other list.
I agree but in reality there are definitely more than 24 OCC DDs in the top 120, so none of the remaining 24 places would be available for IC DDs?
Araucana girl

Post by Araucana girl »

I get all that. I am just trying to see where their figures from last year came from to give myself an indication of how many IC dcs and ooc dcs there might have been. Irrelevant I know as Mrs C was not going to give us any indication of how many ooc dds there were in the top 300, she just wants us all to put CCHS first :lol: :lol: I appreciate that the first 96 will come from the IC list etc, just wanted to try and fathom how many there were IC and OOC last year and how the lists moved.

Albert Einstein
Araucana girl

Post by Araucana girl »

Think I have got it now.

Of the first 135 on the order of merit, 39 (135-96) were either out of catchment or rejected an IC place. The 135 also includes the 24 places given to OOC, the last of which was order of merit 65.

So in the first 135 at least I can hope for approximately 40 dropping out for OOC or just not wanting CCHS if based on last year.

Hmmn - just need to lose another 30 somewhere :? :lol: :lol: :lol:

My next question is - were those only those dds that submitted CCHS on the CAF? Could I lose another 30 by people not selecting CCHS?

Aaaagh must stop this ..... only March will tell!

Albert Einstein
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

Yes I am pretty sure the order of merit only includes those that actually apply. Last year was the CSSE exam so those figures cannot be based on all girls who sat the CSSE exam, as plenty of the top 135 would have chosen other essex grammars. Also until the applications were made last year Chelmsford would not have known the details of girls who sat in Colchester or Southend.
dez

Post by dez »

Araucana girl wrote:Think I have got it now.

Of the first 135 on the order of merit, 39 (135-96) were either out of catchment or rejected an IC place. The 135 also includes the 24 places given to OOC, the last of which was order of merit 65. .

My next question is - were those only those dds that submitted CCHS on the CAF? Could I lose another 30 by people not selecting CCHS?
Yes, your 1st statement is correct.

I am not 100% sure whether "Order of Merit" includes all the DDs who sat the test or just the one who have CCHS as one of the preference school on the CAF? The admission policy mentioned "Ranked List of Applicants" for the allocation of place to the 120 DDs.

After 3rd March 2014 anyone who have sat the test can still change their mind and apply to CCHS. If their score is high they will go straight to the top of the waiting list (IC or OOC). That the reason why DCs can move down the W/L.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now