Boys Grammar School - another OOC question

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
lbimalra

Boys Grammar School - another OOC question

Post by lbimalra »

We are residing in the Buckinghamshire county.

My DS got a score of 399 in the Kent exam. Is there any possibility of him getting the option of DGS or TWGS or Maidstone Grammar without actually moving into the Kent area now. If so should we name any of these schools in the Bucks CAF form?

I have read a number of similar threads and looks like this is not an option without actually moving in to Kent. But still wanted to check on possibilities as our plan was not to move his current primary school and relocate to Kent in July 14.
Bobmumof3

Re: Boys Grammar School - another OOC question

Post by Bobmumof3 »

DGS went to 394 last year, so it is possible. Good luck x
bondgirl

Post by bondgirl »

I think last year the lowest score was 418 but it was 394 in 2010. Worth a shot though!
Hardworkingmum

Post by Hardworkingmum »

bondgirl wrote:I think last year the lowest score was 418 but it was 394 in 2010. Worth a shot though!
Last year out of county went to 418 @4.95 miles straight line
Bobmumof3

Post by Bobmumof3 »

Last night the head said 394 was last year after it went down the waiting list. I specifically asked and those were his words.
I'm sure he wouldn't mislead me, would he?
bondgirl

Post by bondgirl »

I'm sure he wouldn't Bobmumof3. If anyone is thinking of applying, it may be worth a call to the school admissions officer to clarify.
bondgirl

Post by bondgirl »

BTW Bobmumof3, if you're thinking of applying, DS is in Y7 at DGS and travels from Bromley, not a million miles from you I believe. Let me know if you have any questions :)
Hardworkingmum

Post by Hardworkingmum »

bondgirl wrote:I'm sure he wouldn't Bobmumof3. If anyone is thinking of applying, it may be worth a call to the school admissions officer to clarify.
This is the email

The scores needed to be offered a place at Dartford Grammar will be known after offer day 03 March 2014.

We have not yet reached the closing date for applications and do not know how may have applied for Dartford Grammar and therefore what their particular scores are. In addition some may be offered a higher preference than Dartford Grammar.

Their admissions criteria is based on score and their distance provided they are living in Zone A, then all other applicants by score and distance.

For Admissions 2013 I believe for offer day the lowest score was 418 and a distance of 4.95 miles
Hardworkingmum

Post by Hardworkingmum »

Bobmumof3 wrote:Last night the head said 394 was last year after it went down the waiting list. I specifically asked and those were his words.
I'm sure he wouldn't mislead me, would he?
I wonder if he meant that score for boys who are not in the parishes but still in Kent county. They will go for boys first who just needed 360 marks but within 1-3 miles then further. Otherwise it doesn't make sense to me either why the HT said 394 and admissions officer said 418?
lbimalra

Post by lbimalra »

Thanks for all the inputs.

I called the admissions team this morning. Given the distance criterion, I infered that the option through OOC application with this score didn't stand a very good chance.

While trying to evaluate the possibility of relocation, the response was tht there are good chances provided we move into the relevant area and provide a valid proof of address to KCC prior to 9th Dec 2013.

My ds is very keen on picking up Maths and Science and he loves it. Which of these schools would be the best choice in the longer run? We could then consider moving to the local area.