CAF form filling - Tiffin as No 1

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Anne_810

CAF form filling - Tiffin as No 1

Post by Anne_810 »

Hi All,
My son got 253 in the Tiffin test,

I am planning to apply online (CAF form) this weekend with Tiffin as number 1.

Question is apart from the CAF form entry, is there anything I need to do like handover a document/fill another for to Tiffin school also.

Or simply filling the CAF for as no 1 is enough. I live in Slough and local council is Slough.

Appreciate your feedback please;
Thank you
Anne
tiffinboys

Re: CAF form filling - Tiffin as No 1

Post by tiffinboys »

Anne_810 wrote:Hi All,
Question is apart from the CAF form entry, is there anything I need to do like handover a document/fill another for to Tiffin school also.
Anne
No, except filing CAF, you don't need to any thing else.
Perhaps may be, ask for transport arrangement from Slough to Kingston? :roll:
Peridot

Post by Peridot »

At the risk of being boring; yes, I know, I've said it before, but, Tiffin from Slough, really? Did he not pass the Slough exams? If you are putting Tiffin first, please please consider relocating somewhere closer! The journey will be appalling and he almost certainly won't be able to do any before- or after-school sport or other extra-curricular activities (one of Tiffin's great strengths in my mind). For seven years!

Ok, vacating soap box now...
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Ever wonder, Peridot, why we keep pushing for ability based distance policies for Tiffin Schools?
panacea

Post by panacea »

We live in Reading and DD goes to Kendrick (in Reading) and being a lean and strong, sporty girl does get tired after a 12min walk and then a 10 min bus ride. It's reasonable commute but they get homework and have heavy bags to carry. I cant imagine her having to travel any more than she has to now. Slough has a few good grammar schools..
dlb

Post by dlb »

Also, the question I asked earlier on a thread - are the tiffin schools that much better than other grammars - eg slough consortium??? Or is it just the hype surrounding them that makes everyone and their dog want to go there??! I don't know the answer....
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone!
Peridot

Post by Peridot »

Good point, Tiffinboys. Catchment desperately needed for Tiffin now I feel.

Dlb sorry I should have replied to your other thread, but I agree: I can't see that the Tiffins are any better than other grammars such as the Sutton and Slough ones. They are suiting my children well (as I'm sure would good local comps if they'd got in); other grammars might have been equally as good for them, but we chose the schools that are within reasonable travelling distance. It means they are both home by 4.15 - unless they have sports training/matches/rehearsals, when unless very late we feel safe with them travelling home by public transport afterwards. It also means we parents can get to school easily for parents' evenings, concerts and the like.
SunlampVexesEel

Post by SunlampVexesEel »

Or simply filling the CAF for as no 1 is enough. I live in Slough and local council is Slough.

Thank you
Anne
You are good to go; just fill in the CAF; the local authority will sort the rest out.

Well done on a good score.

Regards
SVE
Animis opibusque parati
One_Shot

Post by One_Shot »

Or simply filling the CAF for as no 1 is enough.
Amazing score. Well done to your ds and goodluck.

Caf is the only document to fill.
Ranjeet

Post by Ranjeet »

Thank you
Anne
Hi Anne_810 I also filled the CAF and Tiffin as first preference (252). On filling CAF there was some red letter writing to send Documents ?? registering for exam before 10 sep or something like that , can't remember on top of my head. I checked with Tiffin's admissions dept and they confirmed that as the child has passed the exam we do not have to supply any other documents.
good luck
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now