location of The Grange school, Aylesbury

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now

location of The Grange school, Aylesbury

Post by Guest »

Can anybody give some guidance on the location of The Grange school, wendover way, Aylesbury, Bucks HP21 7NH. We are out of county and my daughter's exam is at that school. How to reach the school from train station? Which is the nearest train station? Is it easy to take a cab from station, any idea how much would be the taxi fare?
dinoo

Re: location of The Grange school, Aylesbury

Post by dinoo »

Try Multimap on the net. Dont think there are any Railway station around. Where are you coming from?
hugh

Post by hugh »

It's only ~ 1.5 miles from Aylesbury railway station!

Come out of the station and turn right. You soon reach a big roundabout with angular black glass HBOS building on your right. Go down the road to the right called Walton Street (A413 to Wendover and Amersham), going past the HBOS building and a similar one besite it.

After a few yards, cross to the other side of the road at the pedestrican crossing - opposite a curved building with white concrete and blue glass frontage. Stay on that side of the road, going straight ahead towards Wendover.

Keep going till the mini roundabout where you turn left into Wendover Way.

Good luck
solimum not logged in

Aylesbury

Post by solimum not logged in »

Was just going to post re distance but Hugh beat me to it! If time is short (or it's raining!) the Chiltern Railways page for the station indicates that there is a taxi rank outside, or you can pre-book one to meet a particular train - see http://traintaxi.nationalrail.co.uk/?crs=AYS
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

It's a bit far to walk I would suggest you take a taxi - when you get there the taxi will go in the entrance [it's a one way system] and get it to stop by the pedestrian entrance. You go through an arch to some automatic glass doors - I'm sure someone will be there to meet you. I would think the tests will be in the main hall which is just inside that entrance.

Post by Guest »

Thanks to all of you for your help.

parking!

Post by Guest »

Hi - just wondered if anyone knew if there was ample parking available at the Grange school, I am hoping to allow plenty of time in the morning, but don't want the stress of hunting for car-parks nearby!
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Yes - there's a staff car park right at the front - loads of spaces! I have also noticed parents park along the road when collecting their children - although there are speed humps just outside the school.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now