Hi pls help!!!!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Tisha

Hi pls help!!!!!

Post by Tisha »

Hi,

It's my first post here. We live in Iver. DD was down with flu on the day she gave her Kendrick exam. Her score is 113.5. :cry:

Now I m thinking whether to move to Reading or not.

Alternate is Burnham Grammar. Pls advice.

Thanks, Tisha
Tisha

Re: Hi pls help!!!!!

Post by Tisha »

Hi,

Pls someone advice, do u think that this score will get her anywhr near Kendrick? I don't want to move and then loose out on other chances. It's true 125 more students took Kendrick exam, but I know couple of parents who are not planning to move to Reading even with the higher score. I know last year 651 students sat for Kemdrick but does anyone know how many actually passed for the score to go down to 113? This is just to understand and work out the variables before we fill up the CAF tomorrow.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Why move if she passed the Bucks test?
scary mum
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

The cutoff last year was 113, with 651 taking the test.
Not all those with 113 got in.
This year 776 took the test.

I suspect 113.5 is probably not enough, but that's my own opinion. It is up to you to decide whether to take the risk or not. Really does depend on how many of the ooc people with high scores move.

If she has a good score and stands a good chance of getting somewhere else that may be a better option. Again just my opinion.
aliportico

Post by aliportico »

I replied to your other post, suggesting you read through the Kendrick results thread.

Last year 651 girls sat the test, which would have put the 96 person cut off around 115-116 (with 179 getting over 109). We know it went down to 113 (or 113.5?), so somewhere in the region of 25 girls who got over 109 didn't apply.

This year with 776 girls it looks like you need 117-118. You might predict that 25-30 109+ers don't apply? Bringing the score needed down to about 115. You'd need about 45 people who qualified to not apply to get in with 113.5. Might happen, might not - you're thinking of a big upheaval for only a slim chance of success.

If you were in the right area, I'd say put it on your list. If you have a good chance at another good school that is more accessible to you, why not go for that one?
SBUK

Post by SBUK »

Tisha wrote:Hi,

It's my first post here. We live in Iver. DD was down with flu on the day she gave her Kendrick exam. Her score is 113.5. :cry:

Now I m thinking whether to move to Reading or not.

Alternate is Burnham Grammar. Pls advice.

Thanks, Tisha
My DD has scored 116.5 & cleared Bucs as well so we are moving in common catchment to cover both schools. Kendrick & Becaonsfield.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I don't think these catchments overlap, unless I have missed something :?:
scary mum
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now