Tiffin Girls Stage 2 Test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mummyjee

Tiffin Girls Stage 2 Test

Post by mummyjee »

Hi

Is there a post from previous years discussing the format of the stage 2 Tiffin Girls test?

i am aware that it consists of English and Maths..

...just need to know if for English there are choices - eg, choose from descriptive, persuasive, creative, complete the story etc

...previous comprehension test - short text - long text?

...do the school usually give the girls ??mins of reading time?

is any one able to let know what has come up in the previous years?

for Maths what types of tricky questions to prepare dd for etc

thank you
SunlampVexesEel

Re: Tiffin Girls Stage 2 Test

Post by SunlampVexesEel »

The school has not released any specifics.
It will consist of three tests which will assess numeracy and literacy: one test of
mathematics, one test of reading and one test of writing. Please see the next section for
more information
The Stage 2 test is written by The Tiffin Girls’ School and is designed to test the core subjects of Maths and English.
Past papers are not available. The Stage 2 test is made up of three tests: one test each of mathematics, reading and writing.
The Stage 2 test is appropriate for students expected to achieve Level 5 in Maths and English in their SATs exams.
I imagine there are 450 girls sitting around kitchen tables during the half term working their way through English Comprehension papers! :shock:
Regards
SVE
Animis opibusque parati
mummyjee

Post by mummyjee »

thank you for your reply sve

was hoping i would maybe find a pattern of the format from previous years and thought i may have missed a post somewhere

if anyone else has dd who has sat 2nd stage test in previous years, please let me know what they remember of it. was the comprehension text an extract a poem etc etc? what was the other writing task?
although i know there is no guarantee the same will come up again, would just be nice to know.

thanks again
fondofuk

Post by fondofuk »

I guess only those whose DDs are sitting exam this time are visiting this site, which means your competitors at the end of the day. Better just spend time with DD in going through many different type of papers.......... :?
Ela

Post by Ela »

There was a picture with the forest...Girls had to write anything (essay) about it. DD doesn't want to talk about what she did for 11+ exams and i believe she simply can't remember, because there were many exams and tests after that. It is all mixed up now....
sgsgirl

Post by sgsgirl »

Does anyone know if the number of girls invited to sit stage 2 is 400/450 like last year?
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

Deleted by user.
Last edited by Ladymuck on Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sgsgirl

Post by sgsgirl »

Thank you Ladymuck, it's just Tiffin Girls school hasn't mentioned anything this year in specifying any particular number. Made me wonder whether it's much more or less than last year's number.
I'm thinking maybe they will disclose this information when they send out details about the second stage.
YoungSuccess

Post by YoungSuccess »

Thought I might as well revive this thread,

Could anyone remember, the was a composition paper, I think 2012, about or a picture of a website and the girls were asked to critique the website? Was that TGS or Nonsuch?