Reassurance needed, please

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
IHOP

Reassurance needed, please

Post by IHOP »

As the deadline for CAFs looms, could anyone kindly reassure me I've done all I need to do till March:

Three SIF forms handed into schools in Herts
CAF completed online with fave school as no.1

Question: my original SIF to SCD did not reach the school (I hadn't received my acknowledgement card and they answered my email concerning this). I handed it in and received an acknowledgment card. I'm getting jittery that the form won't actually make it to the correct pile but this could just be me looking for a crisis where there isn't one! Do clerical errors occur and, if so, do you contact the school directly in March?

Actually, now that I write this down, it does just look a bit frantic.

Thanks, though.
HenryVIII

Re: Reassurance needed, please

Post by HenryVIII »

Hello again! (Different thread). I provided email details. In case of loss of the SIF (unlikely so don't panic) I posted all the SIFs at the same time at the post office and got a certificate of posting (this is free if you ask for it). Had a lovely chat to the lady in the post office who knew exactly what it was all about! So if in the unlikely case that an error occurs, there's evidence. You'll be FINE!
IHOP

Post by IHOP »

Thanks, HenryVIII but it was/is too late to us the PO (I should have sent it recorded delivery the first time). I handed the forms in at the main reception desk. The official ones were orange card but my new one was printed from the website.

Well, deadlines have gone. Fingers crossed the from made it to the right pile on that dreary Monday morning last week.
angelaht

Post by angelaht »

I am hoping - that if a form gets lost you would have a strong case for appeal! and certainly if results were high enough you would whizz up the wait lists after appealing!! Let's hope this doesn't happen though. I would think it rare that SIFs get lost while at the school.
Letitbe

Post by Letitbe »

Last minute help please. When filling in the CAFs, are there any other document supposed to be attached? Or just need to choose the schools?
Middlesexmum

Post by Middlesexmum »

I had a bit of a panic today.

CAF completed and submitted online last week. Had confirmation email and all was fine I thought. Then today I had an email saying I needed to provide supporting documents, i.e. letter from council tax payer and proof of address. Phoned the council and it's all fine, my application is submitted and they don't need these documents until 8th November. Phew!

I was so worried about getting the paperwork wrong after all this!
future

Post by future »

Middlesexmum - which council was that? Herts or Harrow?
Middlesexmum

Post by Middlesexmum »

Harrow
IHOP

Post by IHOP »

letitbe, I'm with Bucks (although here as applying for Herts schools just over the border). We had to send a proof of address (utility bill, council tax bill etc). Just that.

angelaht, thank you! Those were just the right words I needed to hear.

Starting to get very exciting at the thought of my first child heading off to secondary school. Must remember to enjoy those final precious junior years, too.
zippyandgeorge

Post by zippyandgeorge »

IHOP, I'm excited too at the thought of first child heading off very soon into her secondary school life. It's for the next 5 to 7 years afterall (in most cases), and the big school does shape them up for their future. So very important to have found the right one which best suits.
March/April is a long wait!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now