Called into Ds school about his CAT Scores !

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

catwoman

Called into Ds school about his CAT Scores !

Post by catwoman »

Has anyone had experience of being called in to their Dc school about their CAT scores? just had a call from my Ds school to attend an appt with the Deputy, feeling a bit nervous, the admin said alot of the parents have been called in hes currently in Year 5 taking his 11 plus next year :?
neveragain*

Re: Called into Ds school about his CAT Scores !

Post by neveragain* »

Yes, it will no doubt be good news! :D
catwoman

Post by catwoman »

Have you been called in neveragain ?
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

Funny you should say that - I have to see ds1's school about his Y7 MidYIS score tonight!
neveragain*

Post by neveragain* »

catwoman wrote:Have you been called in neveragain ?

Mine older now but I was twice, yes! And both times it was for positive reasons! Keep me updated!
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Isn't it nice that the school want to praise them, my dc's headmistress would deny they had even done them given half the chance
mad?

Post by mad? »

stroudydad wrote:Isn't it nice that the school want to praise them, my dc's headmistress would deny they had even done them given half the chance
Likewise, although our primary went one further and did not do them.
mad?
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

It is good they are discussing them what ever the outcome, first time ours were properly talked about was when he didn't pass 11+ and that was because he had a low 119 vr score compared his high quantitative and nvr scores. (The beginning of eyesight problems)

Does anyone know if the vr is the same as the work books for 11+ as I am hoping to help him up his vr score a bit in the next yr 6 test. I normally would leave it to his uncoached brain, but we may be appealing come march.
leanmeamum

Post by leanmeamum »

Okanagan wrote:Funny you should say that - I have to see ds1's school about his Y7 MidYIS score tonight!

We had to see our ds's school about his Midyis score. He was placed 4th according to the test in a year of 140 children but his work was not reflecting his ability. They wanted to do something about it asap so that he was working to his full potential.

Not to worry - I'm sure it will be fine
catwoman

Post by catwoman »

Thanks everyone i'm hoping its good news, i do recall him coming home from school saying he had assessments on the computer in the ict room and that there were lots of nvr mixed with comprehension and it was timed (luckily enough he loves both) but still a bit nervous, will keep you posted neveragain.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now