What level of Bond do you generally work up to??

11 Plus Maths – Preparation and Information

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

hopefulwoman

What level of Bond do you generally work up to??

Post by hopefulwoman »

For those who have been through the 11-plus, could you advice the level of Bond you worked up towards before starting practice papers. What about Schofield and Simms?
SleepyHead

Re: What level of Bond do you generally work up to??

Post by SleepyHead »

I think it depends on what score your DC is getting.

I would hope we would get to Bond 10-11 (book 2) but if DD was scoring poorly then I might look for another publisher to get more practice at this level before moving onto past papers.
Pumpkin Pie

Post by Pumpkin Pie »

Last year my DD did the Bond 11+ - 12 too.
Last edited by Pumpkin Pie on Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Manana

Post by Manana »

We only did up to the 10-11+ ones with DS last year. That seemed to be enough for him; he scored 36/40 in the actual test.
parent2013

Post by parent2013 »

Depends on:
1. Child's interest in numeracy
2. Score in 1st attempt of Bond 10-11: Anything less than 45 out of 50 means go back and re-learn concepts for mistakes
3. Target schools: For usual grammar schools, 10-11 is ok. For super selectives it is a different ballgame (descriptive not MCQ) and drives variety and complexity of problems.
4. How much you want to stretch your dc i.e. your target score for the child in the exam 100% or 90-100% or lower?
5. How is your dc faring in other important areas such as English (Creative writing, comprehension), Vocabulary for VR etc. and bandwidth available to do additional maths.
6. DIY or tutoring
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now