Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Jan

Appeals

Post by Jan »

Hello,

A question to get people thinking!
What would you do if you knew someone was going to cheat/ exaggerate,
information in an appeals hearing? would you inform the appropriate authorities?

Jan
Essex mum

Post by Essex mum »

Gosh that's a hard one!

Depends on what they were going to say. Are they exaggerating a little ( i suppose a lot of people do this) or are they cheating?

I :? would hope that the appeals panel would be aware of the situation, surely you have to provide evidence in an appeal.
Essex Girl

Appeals

Post by Essex Girl »

I'd definitely tell. Yes, appeals panels look for evidence of "worthiness" (in the same way that the person appealing should check the evidence as to why the school can't take their child) but they are only human and the rules are made for a reason.

Put it this way, Jan. If you wanted your child to go to school A and your child did not get in, perhaps missing the school by a few marks or living just outside catchment, whatever, close but not close enough, how would you feel if you knew there was a child who had got a coverted place at the school because they had given a false address or false evidence that was substantial enough for the appeal panel to uphold the appeal. I imagine you would feel really let down.

I think you would be right to tell.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now