Help North Kent appeal.

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
MaidofKent77

Help North Kent appeal.

Post by MaidofKent77 »

Hello I received my daughters results last week vr 121 nvr 110 maths 115, 346 overall.

Although I know this score isn't amazing I was advised by HT that girls had got into the Grammar with that score in the past. I don't think the school we want is as over subscribed as others in Kent from what I gather. The HT had done an appeal but wasn't accepted down to insuffient evidence. I am thinking of appealing although I know it is a long shot. Will the head teacher automatically support the appeal as he has already appealed for her or do I need to approach again. Some others who are to appeal have higher results than my daughter but she has better scores end of last year English both 5c Maths 4b (maths may have gone up now she has been 4b for a while), will their results override her overall achievement. Also when I have looked at appeals on here so many have reasons e.g. illness, deaths etc., My daughter had none except sickness bug on the Friday before so not sure if that will go against us that she just didn't make the grade without a reason. Thanks for any advise, I'm confused and feel totally unprepared compared to others on here.
MaidofKent77

Re: Help North Kent appeal.

Post by MaidofKent77 »

Hello further to yesterday I have spoken to my daughters HT and Teacher both say they will support my daughter in appeal and will right glowing reports. But having spoke to an independent advisor I have been advised to put the high school above the grammar when applying to secure a place I thought you should put order of preference?? which is the correct procedure please?
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

What reason did this 'adviser' give?

You should list the schools in your true order of preference.
Etienne
MaidofKent77

Post by MaidofKent77 »

Thank you that's what I thought. The advisor said that as her scores weren't the highest we would be safest to secure the high school place as it is very over subscribed. However I am in the catchment for that school so I thought it was regardless of whether I put that top to whether I got offered a place. Later on in the consultation she said my daughter would stand a good chance of appeal with the HT and Teacher backing and her KS2 results so it was all a bit confusing really.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

You are right. This 'adviser' seems unaware that you must put schools in your true order of preference, not in order of 'safety'. :roll:

If you put the high school above the grammar, and are eligible for both, you will be allocated the high school!

If you list the schools in your true order of preference, and are not eligible for the grammar school, your second preference will automatically become your first - and your chances of getting a place there (at the high school) will not be affected.
Etienne
MaidofKent77

Post by MaidofKent77 »

Thank you Etienne.
MaidofKent77

Evidence of work

Post by MaidofKent77 »

This may seem like a daft question, but do you submit whole books of work or selected pieces of work and if the latter who chooses which work the teacher or myself?
DC17C

Re: Evidence of work

Post by DC17C »

Have a look at this link especially point i:

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... cation#b11" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MaidofKent77

Post by MaidofKent77 »

Thank you, I knew I had read it somewhere but couldn't find it again - been looking for ages.
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

For my appeal, I submitted selected work, relevant to my appeal points.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now