Slough Non Verbal

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
NikitaB

Slough Non Verbal

Post by NikitaB »

The bond books contain net (cube) questions, but the GL assessment practice papers don't seem to.

Does that mean we don't need to practice nets?

Do we only need to do the stuff in the GL practice papers for the slough schools?
chad

Re: Slough Non Verbal

Post by chad »

This is a quote from the most recent guidance
http://studywiz.herschel.slough.sch.uk/ ... 202014.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Frequently asked questions

Are practice papers available?

Practice papers can be purchased from WH Smith, Amazon etc. Make sure you obtain the correct
version - GL Assessment The official 11+ Practice Papers, multiple-choice version. Please
note that although these papers allow your son or daughter to familiarise themselves with the style
of questions, they are not necessarily in the same format – number of questions, or number of
sections - as the actual tests.

So I would say that the content would be the same as the GL Assessment at the moment but there is always a possibility it could change.
Tearing Hair Out Mum

Post by Tearing Hair Out Mum »

Apparenly there is every liklihood that they will change the berks 11+ this year, lots of rumours and nothing concrete, my tutor is covering things like they did in the bucks VR, NVR, English and Maths just in case. I hope they do not and they could tell us as late as April so fingers crossed :?:
Tearing Hair Out Mum
elevenplusprep

Post by elevenplusprep »

I would suggest not to worry about the changes right now. Any changes coming your way would be out by next year March-April so till then concentrate on the current course material i.e GL for Slough consortium.
Last year also there were rumours of change and I initially tried to bring in everything but then realised that I was stretching my Son too much so I just moved on to concentrating on GL and this was a good decision as there was no change and he scored one of top scores.
Tearing Hair Out Mum

Post by Tearing Hair Out Mum »

They are changing Berks to like the Bucks letter out today from Consortium so I would change your tutoring I have set up a separate post and will put in details when I have a copy of the letter.
Tearing Hair Out Mum
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now