What did you put SGS, Wall, Wilsons, Tiffin, Kent Schools ?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
iamfrazzled

What did you put SGS, Wall, Wilsons, Tiffin, Kent Schools ?

Post by iamfrazzled »

Ok all . As it makes no difference now, would anyone care to say what order they opted for in the end, or what their friends put. It seems the feeling on here is that the Kent people will have put two or so Kent options down and then a couple of Sutton schools. Please no discussion of Saturday though of course we would love to know!
For us Sgs, Wallington, Wilsons No Tiffin. See you all back here in March ...
redstar

Re: What did you put SGS, Wall, Wilsons, Tiffin, Kent School

Post by redstar »

Like you, we put SGS first (DS1 is already there and v happy) and Wallington second.
Wilson's is an awkward journey so it is lower down the list, and didn't sit the Tiffin exam.
DS only had two friends who took Sutton consortium tests: one looks very likely for Tiffin so he didn't go to the SGS exam on Saturday, and the other is using it as practice for indies in January. I am selfishly hoping that lots of the other boys from Saturday's SGS sessions are also putting down other options first :-) but I only know about these 3 boys!
March seems a very long way off - best of luck for then...
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

Deleted by user.
Last edited by Ladymuck on Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mumzone

Post by mumzone »

We have put SGS, WCGS then Wilsons (we are very local to all these 3 grammars) & will sit Trinity in January. Just out of interest my DS found the SGS test on Saturday pretty difficult.
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

Deleted by user.
Marypoppins

Post by Marypoppins »

The general feedback I have heard is also similar - a few questions left undone in Maths by many boys. The wait is too long and excruciating for 3rd March :(
Hedwig

Post by Hedwig »

DS3 the only one at his school to sit for any grammar schools. This was the final order (his choice);

Wilsons, WCGS, SGS, Judd, Skinners. Also sat Trinity and has just had interviews. Was going to do Whitgift but didn't in the end due to ridiculous application form that virtually required a blood sample :D Life is just too short for all that nonsense.

One tiny spanner in the works is that he has decided he might prefer SGS to WCGS but we'll cros that bridge when we come to it, if and when necessary.

Only a few weeks wait now!
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

Deleted by user.
Hedwig

Post by Hedwig »

Yes geography is a very big factor.

To be perfectly frank, Skinners was only on there to fill the page. He passed at an appropriate level but he is highly unlikely to go there. Judd is a possibility in a pinch but the Sutton schools are all a very reasonable journey from us.

I have no idea about the new head. I really do hope that the ethos of the school does not change. Anyone have the inside track on this? I wonder if there were strong internal candidates? Always good IMO as, usually, the strong parts of a school tend to be maintained, rather than the clean sweep of someone trying to stamp their own identity upon a school. I can think of examples not a million miles away where this has been less than successful.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now