Moving to Bucks

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
MumWith3Kids

Moving to Bucks

Post by MumWith3Kids »

I have 3 children - twins in Year 3 and a year 5 son.
We currently live in Essex but have been planning to move to Bucks (little Chalfront) for some time, mainly due to the good grammer schools in the area.

After a couple of houses falling through over the summer holidays :cry: - We have now decided that it may be too disruptive to move whilst my son is in Year 5 doing the 11 plus training and may be better to see how he does in the Bucks 11 plus test then move quite quickly (renting initially) in October 2015, either before, or soon after the CAF forms need to be completed.

Plan A if he does pass the test - I know that we will not be able to select Dr Challoners but when do we need to move by in order to be in with a chance for the other grammar schools - Chesham Grammar in particular?

Plan B if he doesn't get 121 then we are thinking we would closer to Clement Danes school (in WD3 postcode) & also do the test for this. When do we have to move by to be able to select this school?

The big question is: can we really leave it until after the test results to move to the area?
scary mum

Re: Moving to Bucks

Post by scary mum »

Off the top of my head it's mid November for the other schools, but you can check on their websites.
I don't know about the Watford schools. Have you considered what you will do if one or more of your children doesn't pass the 11 plus?
scary mum
MumWith3Kids

Post by MumWith3Kids »

Thanks ScaryMum.

If they don't pass the 11 plus, Amersham School is back up (Plan C) but I thought that if we live in WD3 postcode then DC does not need to necessarily pass, to be eligible for the Clement Danes School? Is that not the case?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I think you're probably right, but you'll have to post in the Herts forum for that.
scary mum
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Just out of curiosity, do you not fancy any of the Essex / Southend GSs? Buckinghamshire is lovely (especially if you have a hankering after hills :lol: ), but seems a rather drastic move if you already live in a county with grammar schools?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Yes - I'd stay in Essex - you'll miss the sea and a decent cricket team.

Seriously it is not worth moving from Essex to Bucks.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Your accents would improve.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

That is rubbish mystery - and offensive.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Oh best stay in Essex then. Don't want more deprived people adding to those with bad accents already living in Bucks.

(It was a joke g55 - and your edited phrase was possibly more offensive!)

There must be something positive about your county G55. Ronald Dahl enjoyed it there in his shed.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

mystery wrote:Your accents would improve.
:lol: :lol: :lol: - but then I'm not an Essex native... Actually, 'Essex' accents are many and varied, notwithstanding the fact that what you probably think of as 'Essex' is really London overspill, so to speak.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now