Christmas Events?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
JamesDean

Christmas Events?

Post by JamesDean »

I'm specifically asking current KES parents this, but it might also be useful for others to hear about other schools too.

I've seen on the KES website that they have a Yuletide Event on 7th Dec, which I thought might be nice for us to go to and have another look around - but is it an open event? I have it in my head that its like a Christmas fair for raising funds, but I could be completely wrong!!! (Not unknown to happen ... :lol: )

Does anyone know? And are there similar things happening at other schools that prospective parents and children could go to informally?

Cheers,

JD
kenyancowgirl

Re: Christmas Events?

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Yes, it is an "open" event as, you are correct in deducing it is a fundraiser. You will be asked to buy raffle tickets and there are several stalls selling things as well as mince pies, tea coffee etc. The nice thing is it is set in Shakespeare's old classroom and the choir sing so it is a lovely way to kickstart your Christmas shopping!
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

Ooh! :D . We'll be there!
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

Fab - that was just what I was hoping for. Thanks Kanyancowgirl :D

JD
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

JamesDean wrote:Fab - that was just what I was hoping for.

JD
For a minute there JD I thought you were thrilled at the thought of our appearance! :lol:
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

Yamin151 wrote:For a minute there JD I thought you were thrilled at the thought of our appearance! :lol:
Of course, Yamin :D

JD
Warks mum

Post by Warks mum »

Shottery has a big fund-raising event this year too, from 10am to 4pm on Saturday 23 November with 40 stalls (if the publicity is to be believed!).

Oooh - just realised that's tomorrow!
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

Thanks Warks Mum - hope it was a success :)

Anyone got any info for AGS, RHS, LSS or Ashlawn then?

JD
ginx

Post by ginx »

RHS has a Christmas Fayre at about 6pm on Friday, 6th, I don't know any more details right now but will find out.

Dd2's class have to donate nail polish of all things. Both my girls have pots of every colour of the rainbow (and more). RHS don't allow nail polish which is great with me.

I don't think Ashlawn do anything, which is a shame. A school that big could have a very big Christmas Fayre.
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

Thanks Ginx.

JD