advise on preparation

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
sutu123

advise on preparation

Post by sutu123 »

Hi, I am in the same boat as many. My ds is sitting exam in 2014 for to start in 2015. At present he is just starting to do bond 10 to 11 papers. He is getting ok results, in 80s. What stage are your kids doing.
I really appreciate your suggestions.
Daogroupie

Re: advise on preparation

Post by Daogroupie »

Which schools are you applying for? If he is already in Year 5 then the material should be more focused on the actual schools you are interested in. DG
sutu123

Post by sutu123 »

Thanks for your reply, he will be sitting for watford and qe boys. Yes he is in yr5 now.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

You will need to do 100 VR in 45 mins for Watford so I would concentrate on trying to get your speed up. Use full lenglth papers and draw a line to the question he gets to and try and better it each time. Do IPS to start and then move onto Athey, Bright Sparks and Walst
sutu123

Post by sutu123 »

Thanks for your tips. He has started vr papers as well, he is fine with speed, hope fully fewer mistakes in few months. What level in maths and english are your kids or students.
davidsdad02

Post by davidsdad02 »

Scoring in the 80s at this stage is pretty good for QE, which is what I know about. The GL papers are the closest thing to the QE exams. But be aware that the actual QE tests are a lot harder, according to my son who sat them in September 2013. A lot depends on how quickly and calmly your child will perform on the day. Doing a lot of papers under timed condition is the best way to prepare. All the best to your son.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now