Cippenham

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

ranmis

Cippenham

Post by ranmis »

I am considering to buy a house in Cippenham (near Slough). Can you please advise if this is a good or a bad move from the following perspective:

1. Grammar Schools

2. Neighbourhood

3. Racism

4. Crime

5. Flooding

6. Houses

7. Education in general
hugh

Post by hugh »

I'm not familiar with the grammars near Slough, though others here can advise.

As for some of the other points, look at http://www.upmystreet.com. Type in a postcode and you can get crime stats, socio-economic profiles and links to other relevant info.
ranmis

Post by ranmis »

I've checked upmystreet. But who better to advise than someone who's lived there

Cippenham

Post by Guest »

ranmis wrote:I am considering to buy a house in Cippenham (near Slough). Can you please advise if this is a good or a bad move from the following perspective:

1. Grammar Schools

2. Neighbourhood

3. Racism

4. Crime

5. Flooding

6. Houses

7. Education in general

Great Place to Leave. Closest Grammar School is Burnham Grammar, Also around Slough we Have Herschel, Langley and Slough Grammar.
We are living in this Area for Over 5 Years and without any Problems.
Easy Access to all comodities
MelX

Post by MelX »

Where abouts in Cippenham are thinking of moving the 'Burnham' side or the Slough side, there is a difference. My friends live on the Burnham side and are happy enough. Because it is near Burnham there tends to be less crime and is perhaps more favourable. You would be in catchment for Slough Grammar schools and there are 4 but could also get into Burnham, Grammar as my friends son did.

There are always houses for sale in Cippenham. Crime and everything else will always be higher as its near a town.

Mel

Slough grammar 'catchment'

Post by Guest »

In response to the post above - I didn't think Slough grammars worked on 'catchment' areas - if you passed their pass- mark you could get in irrelevant of where you live. Not in the same respect of Bucks catchment areas.

Admittedly, its easier to travel in if you if close by, plus more likely to have friends living close by etc.

Just for your information - a very big housing development is just starting in Cippenham (over 200 houses) on former green-belt land, which will help the housing market. There is also an ASDA which is far better than the TESCO, which dominates the rest of Slough. Cippenham can get very congested, but its also an ideal location for the M4. Employment is great, as Slough Trading Estate is v. close by. Unlike other areas in Berks, Slough has a very vibrant and diverse and mixed community. Slough also runs many varied cultural events..........I love it, and would recoomend it - though it depends what your reasons for moving to the area are.

Berks vs Bucks

Post by Guest »

Confused - isn't Cippenham IN Slough, Berks. You may be better off asking for views on the Berks forum?

Or is the area you hope to move to fall within Bucks, nearer Burnham rather than Cippenham?
Suesole

Post by Suesole »

Hi

I have lived in Cippenham my whole life (nearly 40 years!). It is located between Slough and Maidenhead approx 4 miles from each along the A4. The M4 is very close so access to Langley and Heathrow is only 10 mins and 20 mins by car ( Also good bus routes along a straight road. We have not had any problems living here. The local Comprehensive is Westgate and we were very impressed when we went to their parents evening. Burnham Grammar school is the nearest G school and is located approx 1mile North from Cippenham. Although this school is in Bucks it looks to Cippenham for an intake if children are sucessful at 11+. The next nearest G school is Herschel located approx 3m West from Cippenham and 1 1/2 miles from Slough centre. Then you have Slough Grammar and St Bernards Located to the other side of the town approx 1m West from the centre then Langley Grammar located approx 2m further on from there. Hope this helps. Where are you coming from....
Charlotte67

Post by Charlotte67 »

Sorry, couldn't help but chuckle...

Guest wrote (about Cippenham)
Great Place to Leave.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Me too Charlotte! :lol:

I've known a few places I really would have described like that!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now