Recommend chelmsford tutor please...s6?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Ffu04

Recommend chelmsford tutor please...s6?

Post by Ffu04 »

My child is in year 5 and has been on gifted and talented for last few years, school advised us our child is grammar school material. I never planned on tutoring but out of curiosity had DC assessed and the quote for the next year is very expensive. If many others have this level of intensive training, competition must be stiff, do I need to 'join em' ??? Any personal recommendations please PM me, also s6 recommendations would be great please . Many thanks for all your help.

We try to keep the forum as safe as possible - we don't allow tutors to be openly recommended, because it attracts posts with fake recommendations ('dodgy' advertising solely designed to solicit business on the internet).
It is also not unknown for unscrupulous competitors to 'plant' posts seeking to denigrate the opposition!

Genuine recommendations from forum members by PM only (private message) are permitted - but be aware of the possibility that someone who appears to be a 'helpful parent' offering advice may not be all they seem! There could be an ulterior motive.

Always treat recommendations from unknown persons with great caution.
However, we have many long standing members (check carefully the date of joining and number of posts) who make a very valuable contribution to the forum. If you receive a private recommendation from one of them, it could be worth considering.

Please let us know if you think anyone is abusing the system by soliciting for business or 'spamming'.
It's easy to report a possible problem - just click on the red exclamation mark that appears with every post and PM: Image

Note:
  • • Institutional Course details can be found here

• Intensive Holiday Courses can be found here
Kind regards

ForumAdmin
mikedellfarm

Re: Recommend chelmsford tutor please...s6?

Post by mikedellfarm »

If you can manage it try and do it yourself. You will see many posts on this forum from us DIY'ers. It is totally possible and do bear in mind that the test has changed so the tutors will have to change their preparation, so you are not actually buying a tried and tested product as none of us know yet what the 11+ exam will consist of. There are some wonderful apps, games, workbooks.. its not all boring and the experience can be very rewarding.
Ffu04

Post by Ffu04 »

Thanks for your post, I ordered some bond books and they came earlier in week and we have decided to go down the 'DIY' route. So far it's going well ;-)
mikedellfarm

Post by mikedellfarm »

This forum is fantastic. Full of many wise parents with advice to help you, many fun parents who will make you laugh and smile when it all goes wrong and even some who are both :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now