CEM test for Berks and Bucks

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11+ crazy

CEM test for Berks and Bucks

Post by 11+ crazy »

Hi All,

I am new to this forum. My son will be sitting Berks & Bucks exam next Sept. Both Bucks and Berks will conduct CEM exam. I believe Reading also going to do CEM from next year (as I read from one of the thread). I know that there is no test papers available in the market. My son is doing Bond books for Eng,Math,VR,NVR thoroughly for the last 6 months. Our plan is to complete all bond books (8-9yrs to 12-13 yrs). Could you suggest me what books should he follow to prepare for CEM exams.

He is also going to appear for QE Barnet and Tiffin boys exam. Do you suggest any specific books that he should follow in order to prepare these tests?

I look forward to hearing from you.
Regards,
11+ crazy
Guest55

Re: CEM test for Berks and Bucks

Post by Guest55 »

Please think about travel before you apply.

Which Bucks schools are you looking at? There are catchments for each school and you need to be aware of historic allocation profiles.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

This might help - you would have to post in each area to get replies about QE & Tiffin, I would think.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 12&t=30079" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
scary mum
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

And be aware that, Reading at least, have indicated that if you take the CEM test for another school, only your FIRST attempt raw score will be valid.
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

kenyancowgirl wrote:And be aware that, Reading at least, have indicated that if you take the CEM test for another school, only your FIRST attempt raw score will be valid.
Looks like the Gloucestershire and Reading School are on 13 Sept 2014 - I wonder how many others are too! Busy time for CEM!
Last edited by DC17C on Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

kenyancowgirl wrote:And be aware that, Reading at least, have indicated that if you take the CEM test for another school, only your FIRST attempt raw score will be valid.
I hadn't spotted this, but it suggests very strongly that the Reading test is off the peg, and not custom-built.

(Sorry if I'm the last person on EPE to work that out! :oops: )
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Is the Bucks date out? I suspect it will be a school day like it was this year.
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

Guest55 wrote:Is the Bucks date out? I suspect it will be a school day like it was this year.
Ah yes - I misread something - that was the OOC registration date when I looked again.duhhh...oops :D
Optimist

Post by Optimist »

I am surprised Reading boys are going for CEM. They never publish any past papers and I would guess that prepping for their own bespoke exam is no different than the CEM one.
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

Optimist wrote:I am surprised Reading boys are going for CEM. They never publish any past papers and I would guess that prepping for their own bespoke exam is no different than the CEM one.
From what I've seen in the practice CEM books, this test is very different and the level is much higher.
Previously for Reading School, Maths and English to top end of KS2 was sufficient.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now