Habs scholarship

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
MT

Habs scholarship

Post by MT »

Does anyone have any info on Habs scholarships?

Do you have to apply for one or is it offered?

If you are fortunate enough to get one will it apply for your full 7 years
at school??
herewegoagain

Post by herewegoagain »

You don't have to apply for the scholarships. They are awarded to the best performers in the entrance tests and interviews. They should apply for the rest of your child's time in the school. But best to ring the school(s) to check. You do have to apply for means-tested bursaries (which are different to scholarships).
MT

Post by MT »

Thanks herewegoagain,

Have just received the prospectus and some info from habs and apparently any scholarship awarded will apply for your childs full time at school as long as he keeps to the same standard.

I wonder if anyone has any info about the interview,

What type of questions do they ask?
Do they interview the child alone?
Do they interview the parents as well?

habs

Post by Guest »

habs interview kids alone (exp from 2 yrs ago)

the head briefly met the parents for 3mins (I don't know if he was interviewing or what!)

sorry can't remember the questions
quest

Post by quest »

MT wrote:Thanks herewegoagain,

Have just received the prospectus and some info from habs and apparently any scholarship awarded will apply for your childs full time at school as long as he keeps to the same standard.

I wonder if anyone has any info about the interview,

What type of questions do they ask?
Do they interview the child alone?
Do they interview the parents as well?
my son went to last year. They will show picture of famous people ask who it iis, watch the news ( inteview day) ask about that. specially mental maths question. Intersts, about sports.also group disscusion( child need to get involved)with few new joiners as welll as current students