KES Music teacher convicted

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

ToadMum

Re: KES Music teacher convicted

Post by ToadMum »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bi ... m-25470965
- the "non-mobile" link.

Pretty grim reading, whichever version...
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
sbarnes

Post by sbarnes »

makes one wonder really, not just this profession but others too, leisure centres etc..

All this new fan dangled technology as well, doesn't help
talea51

Post by talea51 »

He abused 7 children and got three years in jail, that seems an awfully lenient sentence for something that was premeditated and well planned. :(
sbarnes

Post by sbarnes »

I thought it was much more serious than that at the school, that sentence is almost a joke.

what was the bit about the camera? I didn't understand that bit?? Sounds so seriously wrong and to have gone unchecked for so long under the heads watch as well!!
talea51

Post by talea51 »

sbarnes wrote:I thought it was much more serious than that at the school, that sentence is almost a joke.

what was the bit about the camera? I didn't understand that bit?? Sounds so seriously wrong and to have gone unchecked for so long under the heads watch as well!!
It sounds like he filmed the children getting dressed but he also filmed them when he abused them. From that article, it sounds like the abuse took place at the school. As you say, this took place under the nose of the staff at the school. It's scary that someone could get away with something like that for so long.
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

He was extremely clever if you read the articles, he used very sophisticated spy cameras, in a raf cadets store cupboard that few people had the need to access, and the boys changing rooms, which lets face it, few adults hang around in for long. He had a double position of authority, one of which was macho, and he could potentially jeopardise the future raf careers of his victims. What he did was humiliating, rather than physically harmful, so left no marks. He was not caught for his crimes at the school initially, sadly no one of his victims reported him first off. He was flagged up by a traced child *********** (illegal vile film) download, and then the recordings of his pupil abuse were discovered. From the little I have read I do not think the staff or teachers can be held responsible, but of course there may be more to it.

The sentence does seem ridiculously short, but if what the media have us believe is true, he will have a truly horrendous time in prison. The most important thing imo is that he is rehabilitated as much as possible and then monitored and controlled for the rest of his sorry existence.

Hopefully the message is also getting out...if you download or produce this hideous material, you will be caught.
sbarnes

Post by sbarnes »

Is it me or are sentences getting lighter and lighter as the years move on..

The school must be in true shock at this with parents truly concerned. Also how many of those images have been circulated within their circle/ gang. Truly horrific. We have discussed this at length. All schools need their places checked regularly by tech teams for such devices
moseleymum

Post by moseleymum »

sbarnes wrote:Is it me or are sentences getting lighter and lighter as the years move on..

The school must be in true shock at this with parents truly concerned. Also how many of those images have been circulated within their circle/ gang. Truly horrific. We have discussed this at length. All schools need their places checked regularly by tech teams for such devices

Nothing's been distributed according to police so no need for concern in this regard.

Reassuring parents, Det Chief Insp Hanson said: "There is no evidence to suggest that the images captured by Evans at the school were distributed and all of the images and equipment seized as part of the investigation will be destroyed under police guard at a secure facility in early January."

Predators can find a way whoever and wherever they are. It's not the first such scandal at a KE Foundation school as I'm sure people know...
Thegodfather

Post by Thegodfather »

Do the boys know who was filmed?