Have a great festive period and a wonderful 2014

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Fatnorville

Have a great festive period and a wonderful 2014

Post by Fatnorville »

Just a quick and festive note of thanks as we wind down to the end of the year.

Thanks for all of your help, advice and guidance. The 11+ transition is difficult, confusing, and stressful. But ever so less with the support of others who have either been through this, or are going through this.

Most of all thanks everyone for just 'being there'.

I feel I am now a far richer person having shared this little part of the internet with you all.

I hope you and your DC get everything you deserve in 2014. I think you all deserve the best!

Roll on March 3rd!
JamesDean

Re: Have a great festive period and a wonderful 2014

Post by JamesDean »

Thank you, Fatnorville, and to you and your family too!

2014 is going to be a very exciting year for all our 10/11 year olds not matter where their destination turns out to be - and a roller-coaster for us parents too, I am sure. It's been great to share it all with you all so far, and I look forward to giving and receiving more of the wonderful support this forum provides well in to the future :)

Merry Christmas to everyone!

JD
ginx

Post by ginx »

Happy Christmas to you both, Fatnorville and JamesDean.

You are right, 2014 will be an exciting year for you, whatever the outcome of the 11+, I do often think of you, still waiting till March. When I was waiting, it felt like for ever .. especially as March drew nearer.

It's great to have new friends in Warwickshire!

Are you both coming to the New Years' Eve party? I don't know whether you need an invitation as I just invited myself. :D
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

Merry Christmas Fat Norville, James Dean and Ginx - to you and your families.

I too wanted to thank you all for your help and support, it has been a stressful and confusing process made much less so thanks to you all.

As we go into 2014, I feel a bit more confident about it all, having had such great support from you and this brilliant forum as a whole.

Thanks again, Merry Christmas and a happy, healthy and (hopefully) prosperous New Year xx

p.s. Ginx - hope that little Ginx is feeling better?
ginx

Post by ginx »

Brum mum, you are kind to ask about littleginx. She is better, still a little subdued, I think she's just tired still.

Littleginx's brother was very sick last week too, but nobody else was and hopefully everyone is healthy and happy.
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

Poor bunny - hope she is back to full strength again soon. Oh - no, you must be knackered looking after poorly ones and trying to sort Christmas too! Hope Santa brings you a bit of R 'n' R xx
ginx

Post by ginx »

Brum Mum, I'm looking forward to my bit of R 'n' R.
Fatnorville

Post by Fatnorville »

What's your secret to getting some R&R and 'me time'? My DC are 10 and 7 I can't see me getting any R&R until circa 2025 when they have either left home, or I have signed them up to join the Navy!
ginx

Post by ginx »

Fatnorville, it's Christmas, I'm just hoping for some 'me' time. Actually, I quite like family time at Christmas, just want some healthy children who don't argue all the time.

Why did we put the presents under the tree? Now they're arguing; ds2 has ten presents (mostly second hand games and books which he will enjoy as he is into board games) and dd2 has "just" a couple of presents (she wanted that expensive phone so she hasn't got much else) and already thinks it's "not fair", they haven't even opened them yet.

My "me" time; when I'm in bed. I just leave them arguing downstairs. Dh comes to bed after me, as soon as I log off here, he logs on. :roll:
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

Fatnorville wrote:
What's your secret to getting some R&R and 'me time'? My DC are 10 and 7 I can't see me getting any R&R until circa 2025 when they have either left home, or I have signed them up to join the Navy!
Its a bit like the meaning of life isn't it? R&R is something that people with no DC's have :lol: