Hopelands School

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
willow_catkin

Hopelands School

Post by willow_catkin »

Probably not fair to ask now, but now I know we are definitely moving to Stroud wondered about Hopelands school for DS - anyone have any comments about it?

Many thanks
stroudydad

Re: Hopelands School

Post by stroudydad »

Can't help with Hopelands but I can tell you there are a couple of very good state primaries nearby.
muddywaters

Post by muddywaters »

Hi There, Yes Hopelands is an independent Primary School located in Stonehouse. It has a good reputation of pupils getting into local grammar schools for their Secondary Education; however, three of my friends' children went there for 2-3 years and didn't end up going to Grammar School so do think it's all dependent on each child. It is a small school and will suit some children better but we have some fantastic primary schools in this area and my eldest son passed for Tommies, Crypt and Marling and went to a local primary school.

Good luck with your decision!! :o
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

I agree with you muddy. We live in Ebley and DS was top 120 Marling and good scores for Tommies and The Crypt.
muddywaters

Post by muddywaters »

Just been pm'd and informed that there was a teacher at Hopelands who did VR training for years 3-6 but he left in July 11 so maybe that's where Hopelands got their reputation for getting the large no of their children to grammar school- interesting!!!! Thank you :roll:
Currylovingmum

Post by Currylovingmum »

The children at Hopelands have all done amazingly well this year and most of the year will be going to grammar schools in September. They all do some VR in school. It's a lovely friendly school.
Currylovingmum

Post by Currylovingmum »

The year 5 and 6 teachers seem to change every year. Most of the teaching groups are very girl heavy.
Flexa

Post by Flexa »

Fabulous school! VR is taught as part of the curriculum.
willow_catkin

Post by willow_catkin »

lol this has been resurrected 21 months after my original post. Now speaking from experience but I agree it is a great school :)
Flexa

Post by Flexa »

willow_catkin

LOL! Did your DS pass the 11+ from Hopelands?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now