Florida/Disney ticket advice

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Yamin151

Florida/Disney ticket advice

Post by Yamin151 »

Hi and a happy new year to everyone here! I didn't check in over Christmas, got bogged down and couldn't answer all the lego discussion then Christmas came and kicked me up the bum! But things settling down now.
Has anyone out there don't the Disney thing? I need advice on tickets, it's all so confusing.

Basically, all we NEED to buy is

Disney x all 4 parks, one day ticket, with park hopper

Universal x 2 parks, one day ticket, with park hopper.

I am gathering that one day tickets Aren't available, am I right or are they just hidden? We will visit Disney on one day and universal on another day, but we ideally want the cheapest way to do this. (I know you'll say we are mad but actually we are able to do this due to generosity of friends that makes it possible, just need admission tickets)

Any advice?

Thank you
Proud_Dad

Re: Florida/Disney ticket advice

Post by Proud_Dad »

Hi Yamin.

We went about 5 years ago so hopefully I can advise and it won't have changed too much since then.

When are you planning to go and for how long?

Are you saying that you're planning to visit all 4 Disney parks in a single day?! :shock:

I wouldn't recommend that. Each of the parks is pretty huge and deserves at least a day each to see it properly IMO.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

You can't possibly visit all 4 parks in one day - you would spend all day driving and parking (or waiting for a shuttle bus). And then queuing for about 1 ride. Seriously, it would be a waste of time & money. Focus on one park if you only have one day (Animal Kingdom would be my recommendation, but it depends on your children).
(No idea about Universal, but would imagine the same advice holds).

Eta: we did a day at each park, then went back to our favourite for a day, plus a day at each of the two water parks. It was exhausting and we still didn't see everything. One example is that it you wanted to see a show in a particular park (v good) that would be the only thing you could do in that park, you would then have to leave to get to the next one.
Last edited by scary mum on Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scary mum
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

Hi Proud Dad and Scary Mum

I am hoping I've made a little progress as Undercover Tourist do one day passes. We ARE doing all 4 in one day, then both the others on another day. We are the happy recipients of friends' generosity - they have a driver and a private guide so no parking and no queues, apparently they average 28 rides per hour! I agree ideally you'd take more time to take in the sights and feeling, but they are old hands at it so will make sure we get to see the parades etc, and we are having a whole holiday with them which the parks is just a bit of, not the main event if you see what I mean. The tickets are averaging £110 per park, which is eye watering, BUT, Alton Towers is £120 and you'd queue for hours in peak time, so seems a silly opportunity to pass up.

Thank you for ANY input
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

p.s Proud Dad we are going for 2 weeks at Easter. Based in Palm Beach and a ranch about an hour north of that.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Yamin151 wrote:Hi Proud Dad and Scary Mum

I am hoping I've made a little progress as Undercover Tourist do one day passes. We ARE doing all 4 in one day, then both the others on another day. We are the happy recipients of friends' generosity - they have a driver and a private guide so no parking and no queues, apparently they average 28 rides per hour! I agree ideally you'd take more time to take in the sights and feeling, but they are old hands at it so will make sure we get to see the parades etc, and we are having a whole holiday with them which the parks is just a bit of, not the main event if you see what I mean. The tickets are averaging £110 per park, which is eye watering, BUT, Alton Towers is £120 and you'd queue for hours in peak time, so seems a silly opportunity to pass up.

Thank you for ANY input
You will only get to the parade at one park as they are all on in the afternoon. I thought you were using a shuttle bus rather than a driver? Good luck anyway. The parks are huge so you need to allow time simply to get to the rides. I can't imagine even attempting it, but it sounds as though you are going to anyway! I would love to hear how you get on, and hope you have a great time.
scary mum
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

Definitely a driver not a bus, just need ticket to allow entry to each park on the day, and a buggy for travel around the park. I think we will be very tired! However, this is how this family does it, with 5 children 2 yrs to 10 yrs, so I am hoping we will cope, then sleep all the way back, LOL!!!
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Your friend will get the best discount vouchers and offers, as every hotel and motel in the vicinity offer competitive day passes, that is how we got ours, I think we ended up opting for a four park ticket with a meal voucher free. (And blimey they stuff you with food) Maybe you could transfer the money to her account, and let her find the bargains.
Proud_Dad

Post by Proud_Dad »

Yamin151 wrote:Hi Proud Dad and Scary Mum

Thank you for ANY input
I am rather intrigued by these friends of yours who average 28 rides an hour! :shock: Each ride typically lasts about 5 minutes so are they in possession of some sort of time machine? :?

If you're going for a 2 week holiday I really would recommend spending more than 2 days seeing the parks but it sounds as if your friends have it all planned out for you so maybe that's not an option?

There are a number of websites where you can buy tickets in advance like http://www.floridatix.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. It tends to be cheaper to buy them in the UK before you get there.

There is also a website called the dibb http://www.thedibb.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; which gives loads of useful advice on Disney.

Have fun and if you really are going to try and do all 4 parks in a day make sure you take some comfortable walking shoes and plenty of water! :D
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

I think you must be able to buy time machines in America!!!! I might have got that wrong maybe!! But no queuing anyway.

Thanks for the website tips, thats really helpful