KES exam questions

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Natalie74

KES exam questions

Post by Natalie74 »

My DS sat the KES exam today. I remember when we were shown around the school on the open day, the lad that showed us around said the questions start easy and progressively get harder and really only the very bright boys will be able to finish the paper completely.

Just wondered if this is true? And if your DS also sat the test today, hoe did they feel they got on? And were they able to answer all of the questions?
Amelia

Re: KES exam questions

Post by Amelia »

My son sat the KES test today Natalie74. He said the comprehension was challenging, verbal was ok and the last section in the maths was very challenging. He says he only managed to answer about two thirds of the last section of the maths.

How did your son get on Natalie74 ?
Natalie74

Post by Natalie74 »

Wow, sounds like your son gave you loads of details. My DS said the exam was 'ok' he said he answered all the questions. The creative writing task sounded interesting. Tbh, he really didn't do a great deal of practice for this exam. He worked his socks off for the 11+ he scored 220 so likely to miss out on CH and FW. just have to wait now for the 14/2, then the 3/3, and for me the 17/4 as well as my daughter won't get a sibling place where she is nursery due to my DS leaving in July. Anxious times ahead hey.

My DS knew a few boys who also sat the 11+ who struggled and found it challenging and they did really well scoring over 240. X
Amelia

Post by Amelia »

Natalie74 best of luck for all forthcoming dates x. Yes we also never did much prep for the KES test, a couple of papers in the months between the consortium and KES test :shock! After the consortium test we were both happy to not look at another 11+ paper :D we had sacrificed part of our summer hols in prep for the test, so thought we could let our hair down after and chill out,lol.

Our ds scored 250 in the consortium test so we are hoping (fingers crossed) that he gets a place in CHB.
Natalie74

Post by Natalie74 »

Wow wee! That's an AMAZING score! A huge well done to your DS for that result. You should get CHB no problem. I only live 400 metres from there. Was praying my DS would get the marks he needed but he's 20 short. Sounds like you'll have the pick of all the schools.  you must be over the moon. X
Amelia

Post by Amelia »

Thankyou Natalie74.. We are proud of how he has coped with the 11+ journey.. Our older ds is also at CHB so it would make life easier if they were at the same school..esp as they have an hour of travelling on the green bus each way! I wish we lived as close to CH as you.

Well done to you and your son too, 220 is a great score!I think it's easy to forget what we as parents go through too. Every child that has gone through the 11+ journey is a winner :)
Natalie74

Post by Natalie74 »

Ahh thank you.

I wish KE would take distance into conciderstion. Seems crazy your boys travelling that far by that extremely expensive bus. If my DS is lucky enough to get into FW I'd have to pay about £800 for the green bus when CHB is on our doorstep.