City boys 10+/11+

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
agathachristie

City boys 10+/11+

Post by agathachristie »

Wishing all the boys good luck at City today.
fairyelephant

Re: City boys 10+/11+

Post by fairyelephant »

Such a long stint at city - 6 hours! They must have long gaps between the papers. Last one for DS today though.
ClappedOutMum

Post by ClappedOutMum »

And another one here. Not quite our last, we are doing Westminster Under too but prefer City (by a long way). Wish could find out City result before WU test date and then might not bother. (Counting chickens though since not finished his day and no invite to interview yet.)
agathachristie

Post by agathachristie »

its a long day mainly because aside from the tests. The boys are put in groups given a number of tasks to complete.. just observing how they interact with each other. Hope it all went well today.
ClappedOutMum

Post by ClappedOutMum »

Did you have a son doing it, *agatha*. Mine has. Tired. Upset he couldn't finish English (ran out of time and he said it was very hard). Ah well.

He's got interview offers from his other two so far, so (generally) he has been doing something right, but City our favourite so here's hoping. They keep you waiting though. No interview call for two weeks!
agathachristie

Post by agathachristie »

Hi COM no son not sitting City have a friend's DS who sat the 11+ today. don't worry too much. Good luck with the interviews and WUS
ClappedOutMum

Post by ClappedOutMum »

Its been a long two weeks, hasn't it, and still 2 more days til the letter arrives. Thought I'd bump this to get some hand-holding going.
fairyelephant

Post by fairyelephant »

Thanks ClappedOutMum, this is what we need! I'm not feeling positive...... There seemed to be so many boys there, I wonder what the ratio of applicants to interviews is this year?
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

I know boys anxiously waiting who in the meantime have had interviews at Habs and MTS. They do run the risk of their applicants getting absorbed into other schools by making them wait so long. DG
Zoe22

Post by Zoe22 »

Waiting for 10 plus result here! Good thing is Ds doesn't know results are coming in soon so no nerves for him! I'm actually not doing too bad!
All the best to everyone's Ds waiting to hear.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now