Letter from Birmingham admissions?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

um

Letter from Birmingham admissions?

Post by um »

I was wondering if Birmingham parents had ever received a letter from Birmingham Admissions, confirming their applications?

I applied online on 17 October and received an email confirmation. This stated that my application was received and I should receive a letter; and gave a number to call if I did not.
Checking the e-admissions page, my daughter's name is there for her application with the note: 'Closed' next to it. I'm assuming that means the round of admissions is closed and going through the allocation process.

I have called them three times now asking about my postal letter of confirmation - which never arrived. The first time, I was told they had not been sent out yet and the other two times I was told not to worry as the application had gone through. Call me paranoid (or maybe I have too much experience of local councils :roll: ) but I am still worried.

I wanted to know - has anyone else received a confirmation letter in the post? And when you log in, does it say, 'Closed' next to your child's name?

Thank you.
Elbart

Re: Letter from Birmingham admissions?

Post by Elbart »

Yep, it does say closed against it and I did receive a confirmation letter too. Don't think you should worry.

Elbart
kanamm

Post by kanamm »

Yes it does says closed. We received a letter of confirmation as well.
Amelia

Post by Amelia »

Yes we received a letter of confirmation after doing the online application.

Yes it does say closed on the admissions page when we log in.
indigop

Post by indigop »

We are Sandwell so had no letter but my friend who has applied through Birmingham has had a letter.
Natalie74

Post by Natalie74 »

I'm in Birmingham and received a letter. Hope you're able to chase yours up. X
AK loving Dad

Post by AK loving Dad »

um wrote:I was wondering if Birmingham parents had ever received a letter from Birmingham Admissions, confirming their applications?

I applied online on 17 October and received an email confirmation. This stated that my application was received and I should receive a letter; and gave a number to call if I did not.
Checking the e-admissions page, my daughter's name is there for her application with the note: 'Closed' next to it. I'm assuming that means the round of admissions is closed and going through the allocation process.

I have called them three times now asking about my postal letter of confirmation - which never arrived. The first time, I was told they had not been sent out yet and the other two times I was told not to worry as the application had gone through. Call me paranoid (or maybe I have too much experience of local councils :roll: ) but I am still worried.

I wanted to know - has anyone else received a confirmation letter in the post? And when you log in, does it say, 'Closed' next to your child's name?

Thank you.
Um, You need to chase this up tomorrow, I would have thought.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

By all means, chase it up UM, but, you have applied by email and everything sounds right on there - that is the most important thing - the letter is a piece of paper confirming what you have put in the email - the letter may not have been sent, got lost in the post etc but it doesn't change your email application. Don't let people panic you at this point!
um

Post by um »

Thanks for the replies.

I had emailed them and called them 3 times and was just being 'put off' and told everything was ok.
But this morning I spoke to them on the phone and they have said they will send a letter out to me in the post today.
So hopefully I will get it and have my mind put at rest (a little bit!) :D
Buckbeak

Post by Buckbeak »

Hi guys. Can I ask which 'Birmingham Admissions' are you guys talking about? My daughter will be entered for tests at Wolverhampton Consortium and Birmingham Consortium for entry in Sept2015. I thought the test registrations can be handed in by June for Wolverhampton and July for Birmingham!!!? :?