Gl assessment papers and nc levels

11 Plus Maths – Preparation and Information

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
mystery

Gl assessment papers and nc levels

Post by mystery »

Dd is at end year 4. Am just reading through pack 1 paper 1 to see how much of the content she has covered. She is 4a per school and is familiar with stuff in the c g p target level 4 book. But on reading through the paper I would say there are quite a few questions in the second half of the paper which involve material I do not recognise as level 4. Would you say that these papers require level 5 material to be covered to be able to have a good bash at all questions?
Rainysunshine001

Re: Gl assessment papers and nc levels

Post by Rainysunshine001 »

mystery wrote:Dd is at end year 4. Am just reading through pack 1 paper 1 to see how much of the content she has covered. She is 4a per school and is familiar with stuff in the c g p target level 4 book. But on reading through the paper I would say there are quite a few questions in the second half of the paper which involve material I do not recognise as level 4. Would you say that these papers require level 5 material to be covered to be able to have a good bash at all questions?
Bump!!!
mystery

Post by mystery »

Thanks. No one ever did reply but I have developed my own answer and that is "yes".
HappyCow

Post by HappyCow »

I didn't get too involved with levels (in connection with 11plus tests) not entirely sure how good a reflection it is for 11plus tests.

GL assessment papers (including others) will require your DC to know more than what is taught in Year 5.
This was my experience with taking the Watford Consortium tests.

Hope that helps....
parent2013

Post by parent2013 »

Definitely Level 5 for Bromley, Sutton, Bexley and Kent (old format).
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now