Intake @ NLCS, CLSG HABS Girls, St Helens,

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
suchen

Intake @ NLCS, CLSG HABS Girls, St Helens,

Post by suchen »

Any idea about the intake for all the different schools. I know NLCS has 60 places but still not clear about the rest.
SHertsDad

Re: Intake @ NLCS, CLSG HABS Girls, St Helens,

Post by SHertsDad »

suchen wrote:Any idea about the intake for all the different schools. I know NLCS has 60 places but still not clear about the rest.
The number of places is not set in stone. They have an ideal target number, but in the past they sometimes had to create an extra form (whenever they underestimated how many offers would be taken). This happened to various schools.
Pandora123

Post by Pandora123 »

I think for a child with an interview more important is the number of offers that will be made. For example at SPGS 200 are interviewed for a 100 places not bad odds. NLCS 200 for 60 but then again I imagine a number of rejections due to HBS and CLGS so maybe again it is 100/200. How relaxed should you be once you have an interview? Everybody states it's not stressful interview and just a chat but it must be so annoying to make the grade academically and then slip up at the interview. Any thoughts?
fairyelephant

Post by fairyelephant »

I always assume that ideally they want those who scored highest, so in case you scored towards the bottom of the interview list you are trying to show you have the necessary spark and are a child they really want to bump up the list. Bright, friendly, keen and a delight to teach. If you were at the top of the list say, you would be trying to show them that you really want the school and they won't be wasting an offer on you. So as you can't know where you are you need to do a combination of the two, ideally. On the whole it seems you have at least a 50% chance of an offer if you get an interview.
suchen

Post by suchen »

Can somebody answer with Numbers please.....
Immortal Dreams

Post by Immortal Dreams »

As SHerts dad said, the number is not set in stone. I have checked on all their websites and I cannot find numbers for any school other than NLCS. If this is a concern for you, perhaps contact the school directly - I'm sure they'd be happy to help.
MumT2

Post by MumT2 »

Is it true that the interview days for NLCS is in the order of how well the girls perform?
GGMum

Post by GGMum »

Just posting what we know so far about this year:
NLCS: 600 applicants, 200 interviews, 60 offers?
CLSG: 800/300/120
Highgate: 600/300/150 (for 70 places) 50/50 boys-girls ratio
shootmenow

Post by shootmenow »

Interviews are not done in order of performance. Everybody just chill!
You can only take a place at ONE school so many of the girls will have sat multiple exams.

The numbers look a bit less scary now, huh?
fairyelephant

Post by fairyelephant »

Highgate only take 40 ish I thought.

Like the grammar schools, the independent schools are all reporting a significant increase in applicants this year. 800 for clsg, wow!