11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Daogroupie

St Albans boys and girls results out today

Post by Daogroupie »

How did everyone do? DG
Ladymuck

Re: St Albans boys and girls results out today

Post by Ladymuck »

Is this for interviews or offers? Too far for us, but curious.
SHertsDad

Post by SHertsDad »

For girls, only interviews at this stage. Offers are around mid Feb.
Angelcake

Post by Angelcake »

For boys, it is a second round of a couple of hours of lessons and activities. Does anyone know what the numbers are at this stage?
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

The girls interview and scholarship second round invites came out on Saturday. The interview is a group one which is pretty hard to muck up so most of the girls who got interviews will be already heading for an offer.

The boys second round (which also came out on Saturday) is going to lessons during a normal day at the school. Also pretty hard to muck up.

I have never met any boy or girl who has got to this stage and not been offered a place, so although offers are in Feb, if you have got this far it seems to be almost a done deal. DG
MumT2

Post by MumT2 »

DAO-my DD got called back for an interview. Are you sure about what you've said? Girls at this stage are likely to get an offer? That would be fantastic!
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Well done to your dd MumT2. It is a group interview where the girls work as a team to do something like build a model bridge or a science experiment. They are looking for girls who can be team players and include everyone. No member of staff will be asking your dd a single question unlike Habs and City where they will be doing Mental Maths and describing pictures. So all she needs to do is make sure that she does not dominate and that she includes shy members of the team and does not let them sit there and do nothing. Hope that helps. PM if you have any more questions. Both of my dd's and my niece did it and thought it was a breeze compared to Habs and City. DG
bright star

Post by bright star »

Hi there, DS is through to the next round, so it is comforting to read DG's views. Does anyone know how many boys sat the exam and how many are invited back in this round and how many offers/places there are? Just trying to guage our likelihood of an offer as it is DS's first choice school.
Macca7

Post by Macca7 »

How hard is it to get into St Albans boys - anyone know the ratio of applicants to offers made?
current

Post by current »

Daogroupie wrote:The girls interview and scholarship second round invites came out on Saturday. The interview is a group one which is pretty hard to muck up so most of the girls who got interviews will be already heading for an offer.

The boys second round (which also came out on Saturday) is going to lessons during a normal day at the school. Also pretty hard to muck up.

I have never met any boy or girl who has got to this stage and not been offered a place, so although offers are in Feb, if you have got this far it seems to be almost a done deal. DG

Hi,

My son gave the deferred test on Thursday 23 because he was sick and could not give the test on Sat .
Does that mean that he is out as we have not heard from the school.

Regards
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now