Unsuccessful selection review (OOC Bucks 11+)

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Mits

Unsuccessful selection review (OOC Bucks 11+)

Post by Mits »

I’m not sure of the procedure and don’t know anyone who’s been through the same. If the selection review outcome is unsuccessful and I wish to continue what is the next step?

I guess some advice will be put in the selection review outcome information but I would also like to avoid any deadline panic like the selection review form, e.g. obtaining forms, and requesting OOC school head teacher to provide input etc.
mitasol

Re: Unsuccessful selection review (OOC Bucks 11+)

Post by mitasol »

Welcome Mits,

http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/education/sch ... ueUObTLeM8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If you are unsuccessful in a selection review and you still wish to pursue your preferred grammar school, you have the right to appeal before an IAP once you have received your school allocation. However, you should be aware that the Independent Appeal Panel is restricted by the School Admission Appeals Code of Practice to consider only whether your child's review was carried out in a fair, consistent and objective way. Only if there is no evidence that this has been done, can the panel go on to satisfy themselves that there is evidence to demonstrate that your child is of the required academic standards for grammar school.
At the bottom of the page there is a timetable which states the appeal request should be received by 31st of March.

The Bucks guidance for appeals (2013) can be found here (pdf) http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/media/891226/ ... _guide.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mits

Post by Mits »

Many thanks mitasol
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Look in the appeals section - quite a few people did this last year.

There was advice about challenging the process ...
Mits

Post by Mits »

Thanks Guest55, I presume you mean on this forum. I’ve looked and read on the forum and its really helpful, but I often go around in circles looking for specific info.
Mits

Post by Mits »

Would I be right in thinking that the selection review decision letter (if unsuccessful) will contain more than just the actual decision, and would include information to indicate that the review was carried out in a “fair, consistent and objective way”? Or do I have to request this information separately afterwards?

I would need an adviser to help in front of an IAP, but I don’t know anyone with that sort of background. Are there any groups or organisations that understand these matters that would be able to assist?
Mits

Post by Mits »

More questions, sorry.

Does anyone have an example or link to the “green appeal form” mentioned in the “GUIDE TO BUCKINGHAMSHIRE SCHOOL ADMISSION APPEALS”?
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

You may win the review!

I find bbc site a bit unnavigable, Etienne may have the link, but in the mean time you can just e mail and request a green form.

Why do you think you would need an advisor for the iap...everybody will be just normal mums and dads...No professionals.
Mits

Post by Mits »

Thanks southbuck3. I will try the BCC email address for a form.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

I would wait until you hear about the review as they may be redesigning the form.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now