KENT Reallocation or appeal?

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now

KENT Reallocation or appeal?

Post by Guest »

Could someone tell me the difference between reallocation and appeal?

Post by Guest »

Hi If your child was applying for grammar school and you lived just outside the catchment area,and your child passed the 11+ and they didn`t get a place they would have to go for reallocation.
If your child was within the catchment area and failed the 11+ then you could go to appeal.
Guest1

Reallocation or Appeal

Post by Guest1 »

Hi Folks
I wonder if anybody can enlighten us. Our son was successful on appeal for the 11 + exam at Bucks but failed to get a place at his preffered grammar school. Do we have to Re-appeal or go for Re-allocation? What steps or grounds do we need for reallocation or re-appeal. We live outside the catchment area in the North Ruislip area. Many thanks for any help received
Guest1

Reallocation or Appeal

Post by Guest1 »

Hi Folks
I wonder if anybody can enlighten us. Our son was successful on appeal for the 11 + exam at Bucks but failed to get a place at his preffered grammar school. Do we have to Re-appeal or go for Re-allocation? What steps or grounds do we need for reallocation or re-appeal. We live outside the catchment area in the North Ruislip area. Many thanks for any help received
chad

Post by chad »

Hi Guest1,

I would post your question in the Bucks section of the forum as there are people that can most probably answer you but may not see this post immediately. Sorry I can't be of more help.
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Guest 1

Go to Bucks section, I have posted information on 'Transfer appeal'

You have 14 days to appeal against allocation offer, leaving it a bit late, ring county immediately.

Patricia
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Moved to Bucks

Post by Guest »

I originally posted this question, and I am in Kent, not Bucks, so please reply!
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Sorry Guest,

My answer was not related to your question, but about the 14 days in Bucks that Patricia mentioned. I originally posted in your thread but , then moved my question because it was unrelated to yours.

Post by Guest »

Reallocation is where you reject the offer made and effectively reapply for one of the other schools that you originally listed. It is worth doing this as some places are turned down and become available.

The Kent LEA do several reallocation sweeps whereby they 'reallocate' any places that become available to those who named the school in question on their original list.

Appeal is a separate process whereby you put forward a detailed case for a specific school which is heard by an independent panel.

No reason why you can't do both.