Compare GCSE results between Indies and Grammar schools here

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
miniwheels70

Compare GCSE results between Indies and Grammar schools here

Post by miniwheels70 »

Hi All.

The department for education released all the exam results for all schools in England a couple of weeks ago. I've taken this and made it into a dashboard to enable people to easily see how schools generally compare from a GCSE result point of view, as well as allow you to select a school and get the individual subject results for that school. You can filter to just see Indie schools or any other type that you are particularly interested in, as well as just look at specific Local Authorities.

http://public.tableausoftware.com/views ... _count=yes

Hope you find this useful, any feedback on functionality is welcome.

ps - this is for Single GCSE results and does not include Double GCSE or AS-Level results. I will try and add those into another tab if people seem interested.
Also, you can get the raw data and data collection approach here - https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... 12-to-2013
suchen

Re: Compare GCSE results between Indies and Grammar schools

Post by suchen »

Thanks that really good work. However why some schools are missing like obvious HBS or St Helen's
miniwheels70

Post by miniwheels70 »

suchen wrote:Thanks that really good work. However why some schools are missing like obvious HBS or St Helen's
The Henrietta Barnett School is definitely in there, it's the top State school (Institution Type - Academy)
I have just checked, and St Helen's is also in there. You can use the school search box to find them.

Cheers
mystery

Post by mystery »

Thank you- that's great. I live not far from several counties so I can tick them all and get a listing which includes state and some independents for all those counties. Great!
Humbug

Post by Humbug »

Thank you for that!

This may not be the place to ask, but I have a Y8 DD and I'm wondering if anyone has accurate information on the GCSE changes that are coming in the next few years? Are results likely to be dramatically affected? At a school where all A*-A has become the norm, will the first few year groups affected look terrible by comparison?
silverysea

Post by silverysea »

If they change the standards by which students are marked, wouldn't it be more fair to also change the name of the exam?

Just a thought...
millean

Post by millean »

Good stuff here as well and can look at A Levels
http://www.education.gov.uk/schools/performance/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Search in your area then add schools to compare. Can also download the whole country if you want! :shock:
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

So pointless as it tells us nothing about progress. You just cannot compare schools without knowing how intake data compares ...
mystery

Post by mystery »

Yes, but what you can do is look at Miniwheels tables and then look at progress for the individual schools you are interested in in the new style gcse tables which do progress in maths and English according to prior attainment.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

So what is high prior attainment in these tables?

It is not a 'fine' enough ability band to tell progress.