GCSE Subject Results for all English schools available

Discussion and advice on GCSEs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
miniwheels70

GCSE Subject Results for all English schools available

Post by miniwheels70 »

Hi All.

The Department for Education released all the exam results for all schools in England a couple of weeks ago. I've taken this and made it into a dashboard to enable people to easily see how schools generally compare from a GCSE result point of view, as well as allow you to select a school and get the individual subject results for that school. You can filter to just see specific school types as well as just look at specific Local Authorities. You can also just search by school name if required.

http://public.tableausoftware.com/views ... _count=yes

Hope you find this useful, any feedback on functionality is welcome.

ps - this is for Single GCSE results and does not include Double GCSE or AS-Level results. I will try and add those into another tab if people seem interested.
Also, you can get the raw data and data collection approach here - https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... 12-to-2013
Guest55

Re: GCSE Subject Results for all English schools available

Post by Guest55 »

Please note this is NOT validated data ... that does not come out yet. So any analysis may be wrong.
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

What does validated data mean? I thought what came out on the 23rd of January from DOE was the official validated data for 2013 secondary schools results after remarks etc? For Kent the pecking order is what I would have expected anyway - no surprises there. The highly selective and monied at the top, followed by just the uber selective then other selective + indies and then the rest. These league table hardly change anyway, a little movement here and there and that's about it.
Impossible is Nothing.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Yes, I am curious about that too.
twinkles

Post by twinkles »

Is there any way I can print this out once I have chosen the school(s) I am interested in - I can't seem to be able to print it. I might be being dim!
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

I have found errors in at least two schools so this might not be final data.
miniwheels70

Post by miniwheels70 »

You can use the Download Data link to download the data for the schools you selected. I'm not sure whether that's what you are trying to do?
twinkles wrote:Is there any way I can print this out once I have chosen the school(s) I am interested in - I can't seem to be able to print it. I might be being dim!
3b1g

Post by 3b1g »

This was useful, thank you. It reassured me that DS1 has made wise choices for his GCSE options. Lucky escape with the Food Tech that he nearly chose and I persuaded him not to (78% got a C or below!). Lots of work to do if he wants to hold his own in Latin (80% got an A*).
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Amazing! What were the percentages in Music, History, RS and Geography. I can't seem to get it to work. What subject had the highest percentage of A*. DG
miniwheels70

Post by miniwheels70 »

I have added the A-Level results for all schools as well now.
they are on the second tab of the dashboard.

http://public.tableausoftware.com/views ... _count=yes

Hope you find this useful!

thanks