A-Level results for all schools at subject level here

Discussion and advice on Sixth Form matters

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
miniwheels70

A-Level results for all schools at subject level here

Post by miniwheels70 »

Dear all.

I have created a dashboard to show all the GCSE and A-Level results for all English schools for the latest released data. This is an update to the dashboard I originally released last week for the GCSE results.

http://public.tableausoftware.com/views ... _count=yes

The GCSE results are for Single GCSE and the A-Level results are for Single A-Levels and the schools are ordered by %A*-A grades.

You can search by school name, or filter by institution type (Academy, Independent, Voluntary-Aided etc) or Local Authority to help you reduce the number of schools down to what you are interested in.

NOTE: Any results that are for 5 students or less are suppressed. This may affect some actual numbers slightly. Additionally, this dashboard does not presently include Double GCSE or AS-Level KS4 results or Double A-Level KS5 results.

More details on the data collection and processing approach taken, as well as the raw data can be found on the DfE website via https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... 12-to-2013 .

I hope some of you find this information useful.

Thanks
Amber

Re: A-Level results for all schools at subject level here

Post by Amber »

I usually run a mile from this kind of thing but must confess to a slight fascination, if only because it has enabled me to compare schools in my area, which I know very well, with schools in other areas often mentioned on this forum. By filtering out independent schools I have had a bit of fun playing with the data. No idea as to its accuracy and even less to its actual use, but I am very impressed with the way you have assembled it in such an interactive manner miniwheels. If I send you some of my data (boring content analysis) maybe you could make it look pretty and exciting like this too? :D
mystery

Post by mystery »

To what degree can quantitative techniques be usefully applied to your qualitative research? Could be interesting though. Will you let Miniwheels post up the final product on here?!
Amber

Post by Amber »

My research uses both quantitative and qualitative methods.

And I was joking; so no. :D
mystery

Post by mystery »

Oh shame. I was looking forward to something well beyond 11 plus on here. Or is it the discourse on here you are analysing?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now