KEHS Letter

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Bubbles44

KEHS Letter

Post by Bubbles44 »

Omg!!!!! My daughter was not called by KEHS for an interview so I presumed that she was not being considered for an Assisted Place or a scholarship. However I have just received my post and she has been offered an AP. I am so very proud of my daughter and sobbed like a baby when I opened the letter. :lol:

Those of you who were not called to interview, do not give up hope yet!!!
smiley27

Re: KEHS Letter

Post by smiley27 »

Yes! Yes! Yes! Just received letter from KEHS. Daughter awarded 10% scholarship and AP. So happy, it's been a stressful last week. Bubbles44, I sobbed too, could hardly speak to tell my daughter the news. I think she thought she was unsuccessful until I passed her the letter! Very well done to your daughter too!
X
kanamm

Post by kanamm »

Congratulations to both of u and your DD's! Fantastic news Indeed :D
Natalie74

Post by Natalie74 »

Wow it's so exciting isn't it. Your DD's have done so well. What a fantastic surprise Bubbles44. Well done to your DD Smiley27 brilliant news! What a great start to the year hey. :D
champagnemoet

Post by champagnemoet »

smiley 27 and bubbles 44
Well done to your girls. Iknow how you are feeling as I did last year and still do.What an amazing opportunity for your girls I know they will love it :D :D
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

Congratulations smiley27 and Bubbles44 :D. Well done to your DDs.

Wow, so you don't know if you are being considered for the AP until the letter? I would be a nervous wreck.

Not long to go for the other results now. I guess that has taken the heat off next week now....
UmSusu
Elbart

Post by Elbart »

Well done Bubbles44, Smiley27 and Spirit. Great work by your DDs.

Elbart
Bubbles44

Post by Bubbles44 »

Thank you kanamm, Natalie74, UmSusu and Elbart!!!

Congratulations smiley27!!! From your previous posts I could tell that you have a very bright daughter, so she clearly deserves her place.

Champagnemoet, your posts have been so informative and helpful. Thank you!!! Any further information and advice would be gratefully received. :D
smiley27

Post by smiley27 »

Thank you everyone for your congratulations.

Bubbles44. Thank you for your comments. Your daughter is also clearly very bright to have achieved an AP. Saw your previous post, are you are still considering a Grammar School place over KEHS AP? I have no doubts, my daughter and myself got a really good feeling about the KEHS when we looked around and thought it would suit her best if she did have the opportunity to attend. Obviously though what might suit her may not suit others, but just wondering what your reservations are? :?:
Bubbles44

Post by Bubbles44 »

Hi smiley27. Yes we are still considering a grammar school place and have decided not to make our decision until after 3rd March. I know some people will think we are crazy to even consider turning down such a fantastic opportunity but I just feel that we need to know all our options before we make our final decision. It’s not that I have doubts about KEHS, it’s just that I want to do what is best for our daughter, but at this moment I just don’t know what that is. Hence my comments in a previous post about confusion and the lack of sleep.

Our daughter scored quite well in the 11+ exam and stands a chance of getting a place at Camp Hill, which was her first choice. However last month, out of the blue, she said that she wanted to sit the KEHS exam. I tried to talk her out of it because firstly we couldn’t afford the fees and secondly I genuinely didn't believe that she stood a chance of securing an Assisted Place. (I had stopped tutoring her at the start of September just before the 11+ exam and I also knew the competition would be tough). Because of my reservations, I contacted the school for advice and was advised to let her sit the exam because, as they put it, ‘she has nothing to lose but everything to gain’. One week later she sat the exam...

I can honestly say that I think KEHS is a superb school, and I feel honoured that my daughter has been offered an AP. However, I also think that Camp Hill is a superb school, so if our daughter is offered a place there then we are going to have some major decisions to make. I know I shouldn’t be so worried already but I just want to make the right choice.