Godolphin and Latymer Sept 2014

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

vickyconfused

Godolphin and Latymer Sept 2014

Post by vickyconfused »

Anyone else have this as their first or first equal choice?Struggling to decide. Are any of you current parents?It seems such a fantastic school Dd loves everything about it but if we will not be able to afford all the extras and we cannot afford to move nearer the school then will she feel excluded socially?Also if she is commuting alone it would be very lonely and scary.Where do all the girls live? How do They cope going through earls court etc in the rush hour?Thank you in advance.
Daogroupie

Re: Godolphin and Latymer Sept 2014

Post by Daogroupie »

No matter how wonderful you and your dd think the school is it cannot be worth her commuting there and back alone five days a week for seven years. Perhaps she should have a go at doing it during half term to see what it would really be like, especially in the pouring rain carrying heavy schoolbooks and perhaps an instruments and sports kit. Where the school is located is much much much more important than any other aspect of it. DG
Jean.Brodie

Post by Jean.Brodie »

vickyconfused, What are your alternatives, indy and/or grammar? Travel to those?
Last edited by Jean.Brodie on Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ancilla

Post by Ancilla »

G&L put girls together with other girls they know in the U3 so hopefully your daughter would be traveling with new friends if not existing friends. There is a huge range in parental wealth at G&L, I know girls on bursaries & girls who are chauffeured & have body guards. The girls I know there seem happy and do well.
staar

Post by staar »

We have a hard decision to make. DD wants to go to LEH but G&L is so much closer. Very hard as LEH a little better academically and better facilities! LEH has a coach from outside my house but still over 1.5 hours commute per day or G&L 40 mins a day. Anyone with DDs at either with advice?? Thanks
Ellie

Post by Ellie »

If your dd attended either school they would perform well as there is not much between them academically in real terms. I would always choose the school that has the easiest commute as long journeys are a complete drag day in and day out.
vickyconfused

Post by vickyconfused »

Hi thank you for replies. How is decision going star? If anyone who is definitely going this sept or has classmates who are taking up their offers could pm me I would be so grateful.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now