oldpalace result

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

aram

oldpalace result

Post by aram »

hello
my daughter get 25% percentage academic scholarship 201.00 per year. she get outstanding score .
and also she passed TGS, WGHS and nonsuch. lots of people told us very good opertunity for oldpalace. but my daughter`s 1st choice is tiffin girl. please anybody give advice.
thanks
aram
sgsgirl

Re: oldpalace result

Post by sgsgirl »

Congratulations aram and well done to your DD. I don't have any knowledge or information regarding Old Palace but I think another member was also looking at this school for their DD. My DD sat 2 indie exams and got offers but no scholarships, so you're DD must have done very well.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Question not clear.
aram

Post by aram »

thank you very much.
aram
sgsgirl

Post by sgsgirl »

You may also want to consider journey times to your preferred schools both indie and state. Are you closer to Old Palace?
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

You'll know whether she got into TGS next Monday evening. Not that long to wait now. You won't need to reply to OP until 5th March.

Good luck
SunlampVexesEel

Post by SunlampVexesEel »

aram wrote:please anybody give advice.
Firstly wait until after National Offer Day (one week to go); if you get a place you want then you can just accept and all is done. If you don't get an offer (remember the majority of TGS stage 2 candidates will not get an offer) then you need to accept an alternative (and for Independent schools likely pay a deposit); from experience good Independent schools are happy to wait until March 3rd for an initial decision.
Subsequently you may choose to go on a waiting list (e.g. there will probably be 10+ TGS offers after national offer day as places are declined); if you do that (and it only makes sense if you were near the cut-off) then you need to accept that you will lose any deposit paid to an independent.
IMHO Which school you ultimately choose (subject to having to having met the acceptance criteria) is purely a personal and subjective choice; can't really advise.
Regards
SVE
Animis opibusque parati
victorypoint

Post by victorypoint »

Congratulations to your DD for the achieving this result after putting the hard work required. My DD also got admission into the school with about same award. She also got 95% award from another Indie. Passed the WHSG, Non such and Newstead wood. Likely to be offered a place at WHSG. 3 Factors has influenced our decision to accept the offer from old palace (1) It’s a Christian School (2) Journey time to /fro school is about 20-30 minutes and (3) Its an outstanding school in terms of not just academics but other areas ( development of the total person). I hope this helps. :D
aram

Post by aram »

hi everybody

thank you very much all of your advice. yes my daughter`s 1st choice is TGS. and also we put 1st choice tgs on the council form. She also very confident about her 1st choice but we don`t know we pray god. and our tention start now. any body know what time can we receive result? we apply via online. please reply?

thanks
aram
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

aram wrote:hi everybody

thank you very much all of your advice. yes my daughter`s 1st choice is TGS. and also we put 1st choice tgs on the council form. She also very confident about her 1st choice but we don`t know we pray god. and our tention start now. any body know what time can we receive result? we apply via online. please reply?

thanks
aram

Results have to be available on national offer day, but what time you will actually be sent the email / be able to view results online depends on your home Local Authority's policy, so you need to look at their website.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx