Home Schoolers??

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
raggedyanne

Home Schoolers??

Post by raggedyanne »

Hello all.
I have just joined this forum. What a wealth of useful info and advice! I was hoping that some of you may able to help me with a particular question I have.....are there any home schoolers out there?? I would really love to hear from you as I am about to start home schooling too. I have so many questions to ask!! Please do reply if you fit the description :)

Many thanks.

Raggedyanne.
Natalie74

Re: Home Schoolers??

Post by Natalie74 »

Hi Raggedanne, I'm not a home schooler but wanted to welcome you to the site. This site and the friendly people on it have helped me out heaps. Hope you find someone on here who can also help you. In the meantime, you could search through previous posts, hope that helps. X
MamaBear

Post by MamaBear »

Hi raggedyanne, I am homeschooling my two boys 9 and 11. I have a toddler too and hopefully she is absorbing all the knowledge while she sits on the floor playing!

Please do ask any questions!

MamaBear
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

I am a homeschooling parent too. If you intend to homeschool full time, the best place to start would be to find the homeschooling groups in your area if you haven't done that already. If you intend for your child to sit 11+ at some point then you will find the information here. Feel free to fire any questions. How old are you children?

Hi Mamabear :D
Impossible is Nothing.
raggedyanne

Post by raggedyanne »

Hi Natalie74,

Thank you for your lovely words and warm welcome ...... I am sure I will find some generous souls on here :)

Raggedyanne.
aliportico

Post by aliportico »

Hi, and welcome :-) I've home educated for years, although my eldest 3 are now at school and my youngest will be going in September :-)
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

Not in your area, but your local council can actually be a good place to get info - a quick search of BCC website and I found these:

http://www.birmingham.gov.uk/home-education" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.homeeducationbirmingham.org.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

HTH, and good luck :)

JD
raggedyanne

Post by raggedyanne »

Evening aliportico,

Thank you also for your response and welcome. You guys are just so nice!!
Can I ask if you home educated through the primary years and are now sending on to secondary school?

Raggedyanne
raggedyanne

Post by raggedyanne »

Thanks for your help JD.

I had already tried the second link you have posted numerous times, but there seems to be a problem with it.
aliportico

Post by aliportico »

Yes - my eldest tried a term at school in the middle of y5, but apart from that was at home until she started y7. The others were always HE'd - #2 started school at y9, #3 at y7, and #4 will be starting secondary school as well.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now