Are there any PTA arranged activities this term at Kes?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Yamin151

Are there any PTA arranged activities this term at Kes?

Post by Yamin151 »

We'd really like to take our sons there again (if either or both are lucky enough to get a place), in a social capacity, rather than just the school visit in July. I know there is an open day in June but wondered if there was a spring or Easter fair or anything? Anyone know? :D
kenyancowgirl

Re: Are there any PTA arranged activities this term at Kes?

Post by kenyancowgirl »

The old buildings in school will be open after the Shakespeare Birthday Parade on the 26th April. There is a small entry charge but you will get shown round by Y7/8 boys. You can also buy tickets to watch Edwards boys perform Galatea in the Levi Fox Hall on Sunday 16th March. I can't think of anything else, currently, that is open to members of the public. There will be a parents information evening in the summer, where you will get to meet all the boys and their parents and the boys will come to a school induction day in late June/July, as well as the family meeting with the Head.
serendippyty

Post by serendippyty »

We've not had information on anything like that for this term. There are events planned but they are present pupils only (like the Sports Awards Dinner). This Easter is busy for KES pupils as they all have to attend the Shakespeare Birthday Parade which is in the actual holidays - 26th April. It might be worth coming to watch that but the school itself will not be open. Sometimes on holidays they open the Guild Hall too and boys do a guided tour, but again, the main school is not open.

HOWEVER, do call the school if you want to go back in for another look as I know they are always happy to show parents around again. If we get notification of an Easter Fair then I will let you know but I am guessing there isn't one due to the Shakespeare celebrations.
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

Thank you both, thats really helpful, will look into Easter parade time
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

The Guild Hall IS open after the birthday parade this year, (I was at the meeting with the head when he agreed it), as there will be lots of tourists in town for the Shakepeare connection!! But, as you say, serendippyty, the main school won't be open but there will be boys and parent helpers that visitors can talk to.
Warks mum

Post by Warks mum »

The school calendar is open to view online:

http://www.kes.net/calendar/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There are events I'm sure you could attend if you'd like, such as the Gala Concert on 6 March or the Murder Mystery Evening organised by (one of) the Parents' Associations on Friday evening. Even the Pamper Evening on 4 April - though your sons may not be so keen on the latter...!
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

Warks mum wrote:The school calendar is open to view online:

http://www.kes.net/calendar/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There are events I'm sure you could attend if you'd like, such as the Gala Concert on 6 March or the Murder Mystery Evening organised by (one of) the Parents' Associations on Friday evening. Even the Pamper Evening on 4 April - though your sons may not be so keen on the latter...!
Is that when the sons pamper their mothers? (She said hopefully!! :lol: :lol: )
Warks mum

Post by Warks mum »

(She said hopefully!! :lol: :lol: )
Mmm - the flyer suggests there will be 'massages, nail care and threading'... Lovely to hear a mother with such faith in her sons! :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now