How to apply to become an Appeal Panel member?

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Twinkle

How to apply to become an Appeal Panel member?

Post by Twinkle »

Now I have taken my three children through the 11+ I am interested in becoming an Schools Admission Appeal Panel member. Can anyone advise me how I might go about doing this? Etienne? Capers?

If I have posted this in the wrong place please could one of the Mods move it to a more appropriate place on the forum?

Thank you
Etienne

Re: How to apply to become an Appeal Panel member?

Post by Etienne »

Hi Twinkle

They do advertise from time to time, but you don't need to wait for that.

Just contact KCC and ask to be put through to the department that handles education appeals.

They usually need more volunteers, so will probably welcome you with open arms! :)
Etienne
Twinkle

Post by Twinkle »

Thanks, Etienne. I will do that. I feel I have learned a lot over the last few years from this forum and I could just maybe use that knowledge ( and some other relevant experience!!) usefully on an appeal panel. I'm awaiting school allocation for my last child on Monday - lets hope I don't have to make an appeal first!
tigger2

Post by tigger2 »

Hi Twinkle...I felt exactly the same way as you do. My youngest left primary school last year and having appealed a few times for ds ....well I came to the conclusion that I would like to volunteer so I rang Legal & Democratic services at KCC and ended up doing just that ! I had hoped to start last Spring/Summer but I had a bit of a health problem so had to delay. I heard some in year appeals just before Christmas and I am really pleased that I decided to commit to it.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now