What's everybody going to do ?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Madmum38

What's everybody going to do ?

Post by Madmum38 »

Evening , I'm just sat here deliberating over how to play this . I'm going to log on tomorrow night if I can stay awake as I can't wait any longer so I'll already know when ds gets up if he's got the space at Marling he wants but I can't decide what I should do if it's not the news he wants ! It's obviously going to be the topic of the day in his class but I don't want to send him to school upset however is it fair to send him in not knowing ? He liked the local comp that's our 2nd choice but think he's trying to play down how much he wants to go to Marling now !
What's everybody else planning to do ??
stroudydad

Re: What's everybody going to do ?

Post by stroudydad »

May ask what score he had?
smudger72

Post by smudger72 »

It's a good question, if its not good news for my DD then I will plead ignorance before school and tell her afterwards, at least that way we can sit on the sofa and cuddle, if she finds out before school it will probably mean her going there whilst being a bit teary.
Gladysova

Post by Gladysova »

I would wait - I have no choice as I did paper application and am waiting for post - but would only give news if good before school - at least in evening if its not first choice there is more time to discuss and console etc.
Madmum38

Post by Madmum38 »

smudger72 wrote:It's a good question, if its not good news for my DD then I will plead ignorance before school and tell her afterwards, at least that way we can sit on the sofa and cuddle, if she finds out before school it will probably mean her going there whilst being a bit teary.
That's pretty much what I'm thinking too . Really wish we'd found out today so they had the weekend to process it !
His score was 223
steppemum

Post by steppemum »

hi, we are out of county, and no idea what time we will get the email from our council. Does anyone know if the school sends anything out, or if we can log in in any way?
Madmum38

Post by Madmum38 »

We can log into the glos county council admissions page after midnight tomorrow night ( guess I'll be staying up ! ) but no idea how it works if you're ooc sorry. Emails are sent at 9 am I think .
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Obviously can't say yours will be the same, but we received email at 00.32 last year.. And I would be amazed if 223 didn't get a marling offer...
willow_catkin

Post by willow_catkin »

Does he know you can log on at midnight? I would tell him because some at school are likely to know and he may only feel worse. My DS knows I will hopefully find out tonight so I will have to tell him regardless. Maybe think about the positives of the other choices ready to big them up if you need to ...
Madmum38

Post by Madmum38 »

No I don't think he does , think he just thinks it's an email tomorrow the same as the results.
He did like the school which is second choice but he loved Marling & if I'm honest it was the best fit for him , seemed to have everything I would look for for him whereas our second choice I felt would fit my younger year 5 son ( yes I get to do this all over again very soon !! :( ) better .
What will be , will be . He's a confident boy who hopefully will do well whatever & will soon settle in & fingers crossed make the best of it ! .......... Think I'll use all of that in my commiserations speech if I need it !!! Thanks all :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now