CSSE Entry 2014 - General Discussion - Chit-Chat

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

bravado

CSSE Entry 2014 - General Discussion - Chit-Chat

Post by bravado »

Please feel free to chat and discuss :D

Where posts have been moved here and it isn't clear from the poster's comments, which school they're referring to, then please look in the "Post Subject" area, which is to the right of the poster's name and you can see which discussion it's come from.
bravado

Re: CSSE Entry 2014 - General Discussion - Chit-Chat

Post by bravado »

H- u - g - e luck to each and every one of you posters and lurkers :D

I actually feel very nervous for you all too and perhaps it's the remembrance of how it hit me last year? :shock:

Please don't forget that no matter what happens, you're amazing parents and your DC's are superstars who will forever reap the rewards for the time and effort both you and they invested into the 11+ voyage.
cetaylormade

Re: CSSE Entry 2014 - General Discussion - Chit-Chat

Post by cetaylormade »

Thanks Bravado - good luck everyone :D
Araucana girl

Re: CRGS Candidates 2014 Entry - No General Discussion Pleas

Post by Araucana girl »

Saffery13 wrote:We were unlucky 340.480 1st choice not offered

Good luck to everyone else
Keep with it Saffery13, ring admissions in a week - you stand a chance with 340 from the waiting list. Best of luck
"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."

Albert Einstein
Chococoa

Re: ColCHS Candidates 2014 Entry - No General Discussion Ple

Post by Chococoa »

Stressed79 wrote:Oh dear, 327.897 not in.

Terrible nerves and headaches on day, had hoped the extra class would help, but unfortunately not.
Please post any numbers near this mark offered, as that may help us decide on whether to pay the independent deposit tomorrow!

Thank you!
It looks like your DD has a very good chance of getting in off the waiting list if 330.310 has got in. Although we are extremely delighted that our DD has got in we are giving up our place for an Indie. There will be more who have taken exams for both ColCHS and CCHS and will choose the latter.

I hope you can hold out - it might just be worth it in my humble opinion. Fingers crossed.
Saffery13

Post by Saffery13 »

Congratulations AG so pleased for you and dd.

I think if 343 wasn't enough on offer day it's all over for us- can't see the waiting list moving by so much.

Good luck Skiptolou- cut off can't be much higher than 343?!

How to tell DS in the morning that his academic future is something less than bright...

Congratulations to everyone and I'm truly sorry if anyone else is feeling a millionth of how awful I feel right now
Stressed79

Re: ColCHS Candidates 2014 Entry - No General Discussion Ple

Post by Stressed79 »

Chococoa,

Thank you for this kind response,

Good luck to your daughter for the future wherever that may be.
Skiptolou

Post by Skiptolou »

Saffery13 wrote:Congratulations AG so pleased for you and dd.

I think if 343 wasn't enough on offer day it's all over for us- can't see the waiting list moving by so much.

Good luck Skiptolou- cut off can't be much higher than 343?!

How to tell DS in the morning that his academic future is something less than bright...
Thank you Saffery13, this is truly awful...
I'm expecting tears from DS (and his little sister) in the morning. Must try to get some sleep first though.
KB

Post by KB »

Hang on in there. If you don't get the CRGS place then its got to be disappointing after so much work but it truly isn't the end of a bright academic future.
It will probably take more motivation and support but I could give you a long list of students who have been to local non selectives and gone on to top Universities and to study medicine and vet science.
My heart goes out to you but please don't feel like you or your DS have failed. Its a pretty arbitrary process and sometimes those that should be in just don't get a place.
Massive hug to everybody coping with bad news this morning. Try to count your blessings, you have healthy children who have their futures ahead of them.
Araucana girl

Post by Araucana girl »

mikedellfarm wrote:English 40
Maths 32
VR 65
Standardised 370.885
First Choice CRGS Offered.

(no hat eating here)
Did Talea51 eat her hat last night - looked tasty.
Well done to your ds :D
"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."

Albert Einstein