Poole Grammar Admissions results March 2014

Eleven Plus (11+) in Dorset

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Bourne Mum

Poole Grammar Admissions results March 2014

Post by Bourne Mum »

My baby got in!!!!! Out of catchment. We are so soooo so proud.

Incase future years need this to work out out of area cut off scores, his score was 126.25.

Phew. 1 down :)
Last edited by Bourne Mum on Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dorset Viking

Re: Poole Grammar Admissions results March 2014

Post by Dorset Viking »

Congratulations Bourne Mum!! Well done to him :)
Dorset Viking

Post by Dorset Viking »

Oh, and just for future years. My DS, out of catchment, got in with 120.
Bourne Mum

Post by Bourne Mum »

Thanks Dorset Viking. I am soo happy for you. What a Journey!!!
Bourne Mum

Post by Bourne Mum »

Poole says every child who passed and applied to PGS was offered a place this year. I'm now eager to see a breakdown of how many from Poole passed and how many places went to out of catchment.
Dorset Viking

Post by Dorset Viking »

Interesting Bourne Mum.

That means Out of Catchment potentially got in with 110.5 this year (the pass mark). The lowest I'd heard about for last year was 115.25, but that was when the pass mark was 110.0.
Bourne Mum

Post by Bourne Mum »

Dorset Viking wrote:Interesting Bourne Mum.

That means Out of Catchment potentially got in with 110.5 this year (the pass mark). The lowest I'd heard about for last year was 115.25, but that was when the pass mark was 110.0.
Yeah. I think the change to both schools sitting in the same year has made a huuge difference. All applicants (save for one) who put Bournemouth Boys as 1st choice this year got in yet last year 25 missed out. I feel sorry for the one who didn't get a place but they should get in on appeal.

It pretty much means as long as you pass you now have a good chance of getting into either school.
Dorset Viking

Post by Dorset Viking »

Bourne Mum wrote: Yeah. I think the change to both schools sitting in the same year has made a huuge difference. All applicants (save for one) who put Bournemouth Boys as 1st choice this year got in yet last year 25 missed out. I feel sorry for the one who didn't get a place but they should get in on appeal.

It pretty much means as long as you pass you now have a good chance of getting into either school.
Wow! That is a big change! Was that 1 boy in total of both in and out of catchment? Sounds like anyone scoring above 292 got in? Definitely sounds like an appeal would be a good idea for anyone who missed out!!