Waiting List thread - come and join me!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
sherlock1

Waiting List thread - come and join me!!

Post by sherlock1 »

Thought we should have a thread for those of us in the limbo of the waiting lists. Most people seem to be posting good news, but I thought it would be nice for us to have a place to share waiting list info/intelligence and also how we and our DCs are feeling.

From info posted waiting lists are as follows:

KES AQS 227 waiting list 220+, lowest score offered = 226
SGSG AQS 216 waiting list 210+, lowest score offered = 215
AGS AQS 214 waiting list 209+, lowest score offered = 213

LSS AQS 209, waiting list 202+, lowest score offered = 206
RHS AQS 203, waiting list 198+, lowest score offered = 198
Ashlawn AQS 202, waiting list 196+, lowest score offered = 202
serendippyty

Re: Waiting List thread - come and join me!!

Post by serendippyty »

This was us last year! Best of luck to you, will you be appealing too?
sherlock1

Post by sherlock1 »

OK so we are bang in the middle of the AGS waiting list with a score of 211. I know there are 15 other kids with the same score in South Warwks. Does anyone have info as to how many have 212 or 213?

Admissions today said we could call next Monday for more info about where they are on the list.

I had expected her to be waiting but before today was fairly confident of a place on the basis of ranking etc. However the AQS of 214 seems to be higher than expected (i thought 212/213) so I am now more pessimistic.

I am also worrying more about whether it means grammar wouldn't suit her. She is currently teacher assesed at 5A's across the board, and working towards L6 SATS. I would have thought ability wise that should mean she could cope with grammar but am doubting everything at the moment! What does anyone else think?

Of course none of this is being projected onto DD - incredibly proud of her and mighty relieved to have been offered Henley without an appeal even though we are out of area.

Anyone else?
sherlock1

Post by sherlock1 »

Serrendipity - on what basis can we appeal?????!!! Surely it is what it is?!
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

sherlock1 wrote:OK so we are bang in the middle of the AGS waiting list with a score of 211. I know there are 15 other kids with the same score in South Warwks. Does anyone have info as to how many have 212 or 213?

Admissions today said we could call next Monday for more info about where they are on the list.

I had expected her to be waiting but before today was fairly confident of a place on the basis of ranking etc. However the AQS of 214 seems to be higher than expected (i thought 212/213) so I am now more pessimistic.

I am also worrying more about whether it means grammar wouldn't suit her. She is currently teacher assesed at 5A's across the board, and working towards L6 SATS. I would have thought ability wise that should mean she could cope with grammar but am doubting everything at the moment! What does anyone else think?

Of course none of this is being projected onto DD - incredibly proud of her and mighty relieved to have been offered Henley without an appeal even though we are out of area.

Anyone else?
Hey,

To have achieved a score in that range (and certainly one in the tiny waiting list range), along with the teacher assessed levels should mean that she will be fine (and will no doubt flourish) in a GS.

Warks CC gave me this info this morning - not sure whether it will help or not:

Qualifying score for AGS = 214
Ranking for 214 = 389th out of 1114 (1097 in Oct)

Lowest score offered to date for AGS = 213
Ranking for 213 = 399th out of 1114

Minimum waiting list score for AGS = 209
Ranking for 209 = 458th out of 1114

I have my fingers crossed for you that a quick offer comes.
serendippyty

Post by serendippyty »

I have sent you a pm x
sherlock1

Post by sherlock1 »

Thank you Serrendipity and Brum Mum for your info - v helpful.

Does anyone know if everyone on a score has the same ranking? And is the only criteria when allocating places from a particular score distance? ie. of the 15 kids with 211 if they get down to that score do they just start picking the ones who live closest and then move outwards? Is any weighting given to gender?

211 = 428th out of all southern (last year lowest place offered after waiting lists was 458th)
= 207 for southern girls (last year lowest place offered after waiting lists was224th)

Actually looking at those is making me feel a bit more optimistic.
It's the uncertainty that kills me - I like things to be cut and dried!!
serendippyty

Post by serendippyty »

Just to warn you, it was May 16th before we got offered our place and I know of somebody offered a place in July!
JMW

Post by JMW »

from the rankings table okanagan did we can see that for ags they have offered to some 213s but not all so down to ranking of at least 399 plus say 2 or three more. so say down to 402. we scored 212 with ranking 417 ( i think 17 were on this ranking) so are about 15 places adrift assuming we live the closest. but we prob dont live the closest at 8 miles from the school so proably half the 17 on this score live nearer we means we are more like 15 plus 8 = 22 places adrift.ags definitely more popular this year...
when you look at stratford grammer (which is our first choice) again offered down to some 215's but not all with a ranking of 183 plus say 3 again so down to ranking 186. 212 ranked 201 so again 15 places adrift if we lived closest, but again we don't at 6 miles so adding on a couple of extra ranks (as there are 6 girls with this score), we are probably about 17 places adrift for sggs....does this make sense???? basically if there are a lot of people with the same rank as you,you have to factor in that you wont be at the top of your rank as disatance will play a part...
Last edited by JMW on Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

sherlock1 wrote:Does anyone know if everyone on a score has the same ranking?
They did as far as the exam results were concerned. But for the waiting list it will be score, then distance (nearest first).
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now